LN8Mariner
August 27, 2022, 1:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +329
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from FPVmariner

I have no idea what Hunt earns at Wednesday but no doubt it will be way above league 2 average.  There lies the dilemma for young players at big clubs, sit it out and earn big money, or drop down to get some game time and build but on reduced earnings.  It’s not an easy decision.

Correct. At the school I teach at one of the lads left us (5 years ago) for a youth contract at Wednesday. His first pro contract was £1400 per week. He’s no longer there but if that’s the starting point for Hunt, plus a couple of years then there is a balance between salary and playing and we will offer less salary I’d have thought. It depends what he really wants but as others have pointed out it’s not quite working for him at Wednesday so taking a cut to play and get yourself in the shop window is probably better long term but whether he feels that way we can’t know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 80
MuddyWaters
August 27, 2022, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from LN8Mariner

Correct. At the school I teach at one of the lads left us (5 years ago) for a youth contract at Wednesday. His first pro contract was £1400 per week. He’s no longer there but if that’s the starting point for Hunt, plus a couple of years then there is a balance between salary and playing and we will offer less salary I’d have thought. It depends what he really wants but as others have pointed out it’s not quite working for him at Wednesday so taking a cut to play and get yourself in the shop window is probably better long term but whether he feels that way we can’t know.

From what I’ve been told, Ben Grist is on quite a bit more than that already. It’s a real problem created by the excessive money at the top levels.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 80
headingly_mariner
August 27, 2022, 2:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Humberside have just said that Town are in for him but Wednesday don't want to sell him permanently and that is what Town want.
Hunt's agent is the Hull summariser Swanny's son, so you'd imagine they'd have a bit of inside info
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 80
gtfc98
August 27, 2022, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
According to Hurst we've been in for Hunt all summer, doesn't really understand Moore's comments because it's in Wednesday's hands not ours. We're only interested in a permanent deal, not interested in a loan, Moore happy for him to leave, Hunt wants to come here, it's being held up higher up at Wednesday but not really sure on what basis. Like someone else said Peter Swann's son is his agent and Matt Dean said he thinks it will happen so they obviously know something and it probably will.

Hunt would go in for Green in my opinion, granted a different kind of player completely but I'd drop Hollohan a little deeper and give Hunt the free reign. Not writing Green off by any means but on current form that's what I'd do.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 80
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2022, 6:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I hope we get him, just the kind of creativity we need, good on the ball, good first touch, can switch and spread the play which is something we’re missing and in dead ball situations a threat.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 80
Youngy
August 27, 2022, 7:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I hope we get him, just the kind of creativity we need, good on the ball, good first touch, can switch and spread the play which is something we’re missing and in dead ball situations a threat.

With him and Glennon in the side, we'd have some real threat from set pieces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 80
forza ivano
August 27, 2022, 8:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Pretty sure when the loan extension was discussed £5k p.w. was the wage mentioned
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 80
Manchester Mariner
August 27, 2022, 8:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from forza ivano
Pretty sure when the loan extension was discussed £5k p.w. was the wage mentioned

Absolutely mental. Five grand a week even though he can't get in the side at his third division parent club.

No slight on him mind, I'd have him back here but still, five grand a week to play in the fourth tier. Game's gone.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 80
Lost in Lincoln
August 27, 2022, 9:06pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Absolutely mental. Five grand a week even though he can't get in the side at his third division parent club.

No slight on him mind, I'd have him back here but still, five grand a week to play in the fourth tier. Game's gone.

Mullen  is allegedly on similar in the 5th tier...

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 80
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2022, 9:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

Mullen  is allegedly on similar in the 5th tier...

That wouldn’t surprise me.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hunt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.