10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
August 20, 2022, 5:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Frustrating afternoon, flat on the pitch flat in the stands.

Sutton came for a point but they were the better team 1st half although best chance came from a loss of concentration from Waterfall which Crocombe saved well.

We scored from a corner and i have not a clue why it was disallowed. Hopefully someone else can help

2nd half we grew into it, Subs certainly made a difference in Clifton and certainly Pepple who caused problems and Unfortauntely couldnt finish his big chance. Taylor got more and more frustrated as he was constantly penalised by a poor ref and his afternoon was summed up by the big chance going to waste in the final moments

All in all a point was fair, we didnt play well but got a point and got a clean sheet.

Onto a free hit on Tuesday but as ive said on the match thread, very fickle idiots boo’ing at FT in the upper, have a word with yourselves
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
August 20, 2022, 5:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Hagrid

We scored from a corner and i have not a clue why it was disallowed.

It shouldn't of been. Their keeper caught the ball whilst jumping over a standing Kierman and jumped into his own net with the ball.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 90
Mariner_501
August 20, 2022, 5:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
One of the most boring games I’ve ever attended.

2 goals in 4 games says it all. Taylor isn’t league 2 level and should only be third choice. Pepple did more than him in the much shorter time he was on the pitch

Somehow could have came away with a win if Taylor and Pepple didn’t both miss one on ones with all the time in the world.

Solid at the back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 90
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 20, 2022, 5:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
I definately think taylor needs a partner or someone attacking just behind, pepple caused them trouble when he came on, got stuck in and came back to receive alot of passes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 90
Grimsby2012
August 20, 2022, 5:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
I said this in pre season. No way Taylor is a league 2 striker.

I fear our lack if investment upfront will take away from the good investment we've seen around other positions.

Poor planning

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 90
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2022, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
I can only assume Ryan Taylor has poked the ref’s wife judging by the decisions that went against him. Usual suspects up there for MoM, no one better than Andy Smith with honourable mentions for Green, Holohan and Glennon.

Poor game in windy conditions, Sutton very effective but not an easy watch, to put it mildly.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 90
Mikey_345
August 20, 2022, 5:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113
Game that lacked quality but a game we got through. Happy with a point in the end but we could have easily nicked it.

Sutton are no mugs and play a certain way because it’s effective and has been effective against many teams. Thought first half we struggled to work out how to combat it but in the second half we were much more effective at stopping it, but just couldn’t get going ourselves.

We didn’t play well, but that should never be mistaken for playing badly.

Hurst has made a very strong, well organised and committed team which is demonstrated by having kept three consecutive clean sheets.  However undoubtably we need a bit more in the final third - to keep banging on about it though is abit pointless, Hurst clearly knows as we all do.

Was impressed with Peppel looked very bright and think it’s time to have a look at him up front partnering Taylor.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 90
Perkins
August 20, 2022, 5:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Hope I never have to watch another ninety six minutes like that ever again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 90
Mariner_501
August 20, 2022, 5:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Perkins
Hope I never have to watch another ninety six minutes like that ever again.

Never thought I’d see the day when 6 minutes time allowed goes up at 0-0 and I’m genuinely disappointed because I’m so bored
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 90
davmariner
August 20, 2022, 5:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Very fair assessment from Hurst on the radio.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 90
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.