aldi_01
August 16, 2022, 9:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Was away at my daughters at the weekend so we took in the Cheltenham v Portsmouth game and first time I’ve been to Whaddon Road and was amazed firstly that when we entered the ground to walk up to our seats we actually walked up right next to the pitch and could easily have run on.

When we got to our seats there were four rows of seats separating us from Portsmouth fans with one Steward stood in between who must have been in his seventies.

Obviously the Cheltenham crowd are very placid no cross words from the crowd despite them being crap all game. Have to say a disappointing game and neither side looked anything other than ordinary and can see the Cowleys struggling to keep their jobs without more additions.

No way that approach to crowd safety could be adopted but it was like attending a rugby match rather than football and have to say Portsmouth supporters were excellent.

I know a couple of Pompey fans from visiting verona, they hate Cowley, describe him as a non league one trick pony…which, to be fair, isn’t far from the truth.

As for Cheltenham, they’ve never had a fence down that side of the ground, funny club though. Remember the year we went up, someone draped a flag over the barrier and the stewards lost their mind and they were idiots on the turnstile, that said, it’s not a place you expect any bother.

Not a great away day but I take your point about stewarding, much like rochdale; treat people like humans and not animals and they’ll generally be alright.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
Les Brechin
August 16, 2022, 10:46am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Fair play to all involved in the office and our fans

Should be second highest attendance in the League tonight - I am assuming Swindon will get the highest

Great to be back in the footy League

UTMM

Donny and Mansfield could get close too maybe?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Croxton
August 16, 2022, 10:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from HertsGTFC

50???

You must of been married early Mr Croxton no way do you look in your 80’😉…….seriously though, many congratulations!!

Thanks! All three kids and four grandkids living in the same house in very hot weather. Everyone still talking to each other at half way stage. Might change when wife finds out I've backtracked and signed up to Mariners TV.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
HerveJosse
August 16, 2022, 4:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Only about 50 tickets left for Carlisle despite late addition of block B Osmond so we clearly will be another sell out . Not first game of season and a Tuesday night so can’t think of any remaining arguments to say we are not at capacity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
HerveJosse
August 16, 2022, 6:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Less then 20 left so unless some more season tickets are able to release there seats there will no doubt be sone walk ups who can’t get in . Still think the club should be publicising this a simple tweet etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
Lost in Lincoln
August 16, 2022, 7:22pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from HerveJosse
Less then 20 left so unless some more season tickets are able to release there seats there will no doubt be sone walk ups who can’t get in . Still think the club should be publicising this a simple tweet etc

I've released my lad's 👍

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket office

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.