Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Food?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

Food?

This thread currently has 5,660 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from marinerjase
There’s nothing stopping anyone going to the fanzone? Closed shop? What a bizarre comment..

I actually know what he’s getting at; it’s the same faces every week etc. I’ve been all over with town, missed a handful of games in 20 years but last time we were in the conference there seemed to be a clique develop in and around the trust. Faces I’d never seen before home or away.

Much like Terry’s bus, again, has a similar vibe.

I’m not saying it’s like that at all, and to be honest I haven’t been in the fanzone because I’m a creature of habit. I frequent Docks a lot and know the staff that work and they’ve asked why I haven’t been in. I guess I don’t take kids and figured it’s best to let a bloke take his kids in rather than me and my old man. We can easily go in the Blundell, and, as I say, I’m a creature of habit.

I don’t believe it is a closed shop and all that jazz but I can see why someone would feel that. I guess it happens and I’m sure at other clubs it’s the same.

I think the more to offer fans the better. Some don’t want craft beer or pay craft ale prices, others do. Much like the food. It’s a challenge to accommodate everyone and the logistics of the stadium make some things harder but at least they’re trying now.

Personally I couldn’t care less what food they serve, I don’t eat at football and it’s rare I have a beer other than before a game…

I do think there opportunity to expand the fanzone in to the opposite corner, although with the possibility it temporary seating that May scupper any possibilities of that.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Heisenberg
August 7, 2022, 10:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
That's what the stocks under the main stand are for - it anyone new is spotted in the fanzone. Stashes of cabbages, gravel and hot Bovril to throw available from all kiosks.

This is what I suspected!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
Rodley Mariner
August 7, 2022, 11:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from aldi_01

I actually know what he’s getting at; it’s the same faces every week etc. I’ve been all over with town, missed a handful of games in 20 years but last time we were in the conference there seemed to be a clique develop in and around the trust. Faces I’d never seen before home or away.

Much like Terry’s bus, again, has a similar vibe.

I’m not saying it’s like that at all, and to be honest I haven’t been in the fanzone because I’m a creature of habit. I frequent Docks a lot and know the staff that work and they’ve asked why I haven’t been in. I guess I don’t take kids and figured it’s best to let a bloke take his kids in rather than me and my old man. We can easily go in the Blundell, and, as I say, I’m a creature of habit.

I don’t believe it is a closed shop and all that jazz but I can see why someone would feel that. I guess it happens and I’m sure at other clubs it’s the same.

I am a member of the trust but don't know any of them. I went in the fanzone about 6 or 7 times last season and never found it anything other than a nice, welcoming place where you could get a decent beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
Heisenberg
August 7, 2022, 11:00am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from marinerjase
There’s nothing stopping anyone going to the fanzone? Closed shop? What a bizarre comment..

Fair enough, but genuine question - if I were to stand a decent chance of getting in, what sort of time does it get full? I’d imagine that the regulars to the fan zone know exactly what time they need to get there, and are probably queuing before I’ve usually even left the house!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 11:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I am a member of the trust but don't know any of them. I went in the fanzone about 6 or 7 times last season and never found it anything other than a nice, welcoming place where you could get a decent beer.

I agree, I’m not having a go but merely making a point that I understand what our comrade is saying.

We’re a small fan base so at times I imagine it looks very much like the same folk, because, in truth, it is.

You get cliques in all factions of society, football is indifferent. Some people need to feel valued or be part of something, that’s why we all support a team I guess.

I’ve been in once and it was great and exactly what we need, I just choose not to go in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 11:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

Fair enough, but genuine question - if I were to stand a decent chance of getting in, what sort of time does it get full? I’d imagine that the regulars to the fan zone know exactly what time they need to get there, and are probably queuing before I’ve usually even left the house!

This is partly my reason for not going in I guess. Whilst I usually arrive at the pub at a similar time, sometimes it’s later and I’d prefer to walk pretty much straight in to the pub, get my beer and stand watch footy, chat etc than queue to get in the fanzone and then queue again.

It is a great addition thoigh and if I took kids or perhaps people that haven’t been before is probably give it a go more often.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
MuddyWaters
August 7, 2022, 11:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from marinerjase

I don’t imagine it’s a closed shop but something creative needs to be done about admission/numbers. We tried to get in on several occasions last season at between 130 and 2 and didn’t manage to. Gave up in the end.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
Heisenberg
August 7, 2022, 11:13am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

This is partly my reason for not going in I guess. Whilst I usually arrive at the pub at a similar time, sometimes it’s later and I’d prefer to walk pretty much straight in to the pub, get my beer and stand watch footy, chat etc than queue to get in the fanzone and then queue again.

It is a great addition thoigh and if I took kids or perhaps people that haven’t been before is probably give it a go more often.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback, I need to get organised and give the fan zone a go, definitely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t imagine it’s a closed shop but something creative needs to be done about admission/numbers. We tried to get in on several occasions last season at between 130 and 2 and didn’t manage to. Gave up in the end.

I think Heinsenberg alluded we to this regarding what time is best to arrive. My view is, once you reach 2pm you’re probably buggered at getting in. Nobody’s fault but numbers dictate and I’d imagine few leave before about 15 minutes to KO.

No different to the Blundell or Imp when it was open and the early comers got tables etc…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
fishboyUTM
August 7, 2022, 11:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,073
Gold Stars: 40
Us vegetarians are not being considered at all. Have ONE vegetarian option pie FFS. It's 2022.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Food?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.