3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
July 26, 2022, 6:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
What the cost of the Tenerife break as cost at least 16 rooms airfares meals coach transfer ect  glad am not picking up the bill, but seriously yet another sign of the revolution sweeping through our club a far cry from a few years back when the players where transported in a amvale school bus
Logged Offline
Private Message
It Bites
July 26, 2022, 7:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from crusty ole pie
What the cost of the Tenerife break as cost at least 16 rooms airfares meals coach transfer ect  glad am not picking up the bill, but seriously yet another sign of the revolution sweeping through our club a far cry from a few years back when the players where transported in a amvale school bus

It's operating like a professional football club. It should be the minimum requirement but it was never grasped before
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
gtfc98
July 26, 2022, 7:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Not sure why the OP has been red crossed here. Pretty sure they were saying its a good thing, a sign that we now do things properly and don't penny pinch!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
IlkleyMariner
July 26, 2022, 7:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
I don’t care how much this cost
This is not an anti Boris party website

The guys deserve a break. End of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
crusty ole pie
July 26, 2022, 7:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I don’t care how much this cost
This is not an anti Boris party website

The guys deserve a break. End of.

I never said they didn’t just comparing how the club is now run to a few years back when a player asked the manager if they where having a overnight stay and he laughed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
crusty ole pie
July 26, 2022, 7:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98
Not sure why the OP has been red crossed here. Pretty sure they were saying its a good thing, a sign that we now do things properly and don't penny pinch!

Thank goodness you read it in a way it was meant
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Rick12
July 26, 2022, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Have to agree. I remember speaking to a pro ( still know him ,so no names) a few years back and he told me similar. At one club he was at things were done on the cheap in large part to little money in the coffers but also a tight chairmen eg had to bring his own food to long away matches on the coach. Another club he was at things were far more professional eg hotels on overnight stays,pre season trips abroad,canteen etc. He mentioned the professionalism in the way things were run at the better club did rub of on him and it made him more likely to deliver a consistently higher level of performance on the pitch.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
aldi_01
July 26, 2022, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’ve told the story of what tipped Hurst over the edge last time and it was penny pinching and an unprofessional view, regardless of the fact what he asked the coach to do ended up seeing us win…

Most clubs do these sort of trips now for various reasons. Much like overnight stays and the like. It’s not about spunking cash, more about preparation, and with the success and cash that comes with getting it right, it’s a small price to pay really…equally, if players are looked after, they’re more likely to want to play for us.

I remember an Italian player, can’t remember who saying the reason he never came to England was because clubs treated players like excrement…it’s only recently that things have changed…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 26, 2022, 9:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
There were 32 on the trip. 31 in the photo, and the cameraman.

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1551968060550139907
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
forza ivano
July 26, 2022, 9:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
There were 32 on the trip. 31 in the photo, and the cameraman.

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1551968060550139907

has anyone looked through the photo to see if there are any new or unfamiliar faces amongst the players?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wonder

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.