jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Notts owners are the Reedtz brothers who own Football Radar,you would think with all of the resources at their disposal they would have got us out of the NL by now but then again I had Wrexham bang on for promotion last season so it's never straight forward I suppose

Thanks for all the nice comments lads (and lasses?) I always bare in mind that I'm an outsider when visiting forums and there will be resistance from a few so I always try to be pleasant and not ruffle any feathers,anyway don't be to hard on Newarkmariner because I actually like it when angry wums make an appearance for no reason whatsoever

I'm aware of Football Radar, they are one of my employers competitors and have been building a court case against another one of our competitors for some time surrounding the closed shop when it comes to gathering live data at EFL and PL games. Essentially the customers want data from various providers for integrity reasons but DataCo and the current incumbent aren't willing to let that happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
ginnywings
July 26, 2022, 11:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Notts owners are the Reedtz brothers who own Football Radar,you would think with all of the resources at their disposal they would have got us out of the NL by now but then again I had Wrexham bang on for promotion last season so it's never straight forward I suppose

Thanks for all the nice comments lads (and lasses?) I always bare in mind that I'm an outsider when visiting forums and there will be resistance from a few so I always try to be pleasant and not ruffle any feathers,anyway don't be to hard on Newarkmariner because I actually like it when angry wums make an appearance for no reason whatsoever

You're welcome chalky, as is any other sensible poster, whoever they support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
rancido
July 26, 2022, 4:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from jamesgtfc

There is a huge bottleneck which is making teams pump a lot of cash into getting out and increasing the quality of the league year on year. Would 3 up, 3 down reduce that quality within a few years or would it continue to get stronger?

It will never happen because turkeys won't vote for Christmas but I think it should. Whilst the extra relegation place increases your chance of going down if you're one of those teams in the bottom 6 each season like we seemed to be, surely they can see that it also increases their chances of getting back up when the inevitable relegation happens?

It would be better if the top Vanarama league was admitted to the FL and bring that structure back up to 92 clubs. Make promotion and relegation the same for all leagues with 2 automatic and 1 via a play off system.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
lukeo
July 26, 2022, 4:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Good statement and well put. Glad the club support it.

I've been to 100s of football matches and going onto the pitch and carrying smoke bombs etc has never been a part of the enjoyment I get from it yet I've got so many happy memories and enjoyed alot of town away games without all of that. Anyone who thinks this is a negative thing then I assume you think all of this is acceptable?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
lukeo
July 26, 2022, 5:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Chalky you've turned this post into marmite  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
horsforthmariner
July 26, 2022, 5:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
On this:

1. It's perfectly reasonable that if someone throws a pyro they get a decent ban - a) were town - we do inflatables b) If you don't want a ban don't throw a pyro.

2. Encorachment - some common sense is needed here - if a kid jumps over to return a ball to the goalie then don't kick em out. If it's drunken idiot trying to accost a goalie -  ban em-

3. Bring back standing - It's ludicrous that you can stand at Halifax and not at Grimsby - is Halifax safer. Hundreds of thousands stand at gigs every week - without incident - we know how to keep people safe standing now and it's easier with CCTV and electronic montoring to keep everyone safe. This will improve everyones enjoyment - the more rowdy sections will stand and the more relaxed won't.

4. Rather than 3 up, 3 down from the conference why not top 2 go up then the third bottom club joins the play offs - like they do in Scotland.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
ncfc_chalky
July 26, 2022, 5:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from lukeo
Chalky you've turned this post into marmite  

Tbf it's gone back to the original topic  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
July 26, 2022, 5:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from male private Nale
One thing that really is a worrying trend is when a goal is scored people charge from their seats and down the steps in a mass horde of people with no regards to fans who just want to stand and clap.

This will cause far more injury and fear than any pyro thrown on to the pitch. it is these actions that need stamping out if we are to truly have a family experience that even the most timid of hearts can enjoy.

Keep to your seat and your own space or get out

Fantastic post written by a true football man, Sir I salute you

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You have been warned

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.