newarkmariner
July 25, 2022, 9:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Oooh lovely,I didn't set out to hook an amateur wum but it's always nice to get one on the hook

Amateur haha bless your little cotton socks,why are you on here ,because we literally are OUT OFF YOUR LEAGUE.
Now jog along and put that wheel back on your non league wheelbarrow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
Zmariner
July 25, 2022, 10:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

I like to lurk in the shadows of all the forums that I've posted on

To be fair that is quite funny
I would like to see Notts and Wrexham up next season - much better for the league. Possibly the season after they will meet us in League 1,
I would even like us to petition for the extra promotion placen from the National League, 2 up and a play off.
This action needs to come from a football league club and I would love us to support this.
I know Turkeys voting for Xmas but Wrexham have done their time and deserve better and their fans were decent. The NL league should not be the blocker that it is. For me madness and a stupid system.

utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
ncfc_chalky
July 25, 2022, 10:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from newarkmariner

Amateur haha bless your little cotton socks,why are you on here ,because we literally are OUT OFF YOUR LEAGUE.

What you've got to remember is that I'm 60 and been posting  on forums for bloody ages,if you want to get me on the hook then be more subtle,replying to me shouting and swearing and throwing verbal punches just makes me laugh especially if the alternative swear words has been substituted,when I first came on here I was limited to ten posts a day and some scamp deliberately got me talking about Nottingham until I used all of my posts up,I enjoyed that because I didn't cotton on until it was to late,that was subtle

Anyroad,I'm going to Newark in a week or so,is that bar on the Trent still there,the one next to the car park near the castle,I like it there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
ncfc_chalky
July 25, 2022, 10:29pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Zmariner

To be fair that is quite funny
I would like to see Notts and Wrexham up next season - much better for the league. Possibly the season after they will meet us in League 1,
I would even like us to petition for the extra promotion placen from the National League, 2 up and a play off.
This action needs to come from a football league club and I would love us to support this.
I know Turkeys voting for Xmas but Wrexham have done their time and deserve better and their fans were decent. The NL league should not be the blocker that it is. For me madness and a stupid system.

utm

With the level of football getting closer and closer between the two leagues I think that there should be two automatics and one playoff go up in the NL,it's going to be hard getting out this season because of the money being spent and quality of players at the club's compered to ten years ago but then again I don't have to remind anyone of here of that,be grateful that you got out when you did (you deserved it btw)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
WetFlannel
July 25, 2022, 11:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I definitely agreed that there should be two automatics for just over half a decade, and once again last year. I got convinced otherwise about a month or so ago and now I think they should probably get one of them altogether to be honest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
supertown
July 26, 2022, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from newarkmariner

Wind your neck in, Chalky has been mostly fair on here . No need for it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

With the level of football getting closer and closer between the two leagues I think that there should be two automatics and one playoff go up in the NL,it's going to be hard getting out this season because of the money being spent and quality of players at the club's compered to ten years ago but then again I don't have to remind anyone of here of that,be grateful that you got out when you did (you deserved it btw)

There is a huge bottleneck which is making teams pump a lot of cash into getting out and increasing the quality of the league year on year. Would 3 up, 3 down reduce that quality within a few years or would it continue to get stronger?

It will never happen because turkeys won't vote for Christmas but I think it should. Whilst the extra relegation place increases your chance of going down if you're one of those teams in the bottom 6 each season like we seemed to be, surely they can see that it also increases their chances of getting back up when the inevitable relegation happens?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
denni266
July 26, 2022, 9:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

What you've got to remember is that I'm 60 and been posting  on forums for bloody ages,if you want to get me on the hook then be more subtle,replying to me shouting and swearing and throwing verbal punches just makes me laugh especially if the alternative swear words has been substituted,when I first came on here I was limited to ten posts a day and some scamp deliberately got me talking about Nottingham until I used all of my posts up,I enjoyed that because I didn't cotton on until it was to late,that was subtle

Anyroad,I'm going to Newark in a week or so,is that bar on the Trent still there,the one next to the car park near the castle,I like it there

I like Newark   Great fishing there . Oh and i dont mind chalky on here. seems quite level headed and takes it all in his stride
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
RonMariner
July 26, 2022, 9:33am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Chalky is ok. Like Andy from Darlo he makes some good points and gives us a different perspective. He is certainly not a troll. We have enough of those already and they are all home grown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
ncfc_chalky
July 26, 2022, 11:14am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

There is a huge bottleneck which is making teams pump a lot of cash into getting out and increasing the quality of the league year on year. Would 3 up, 3 down reduce that quality within a few years or would it continue to get stronger?

Notts owners are the Reedtz brothers who own Football Radar,you would think with all of the resources at their disposal they would have got us out of the NL by now but then again I had Wrexham bang on for promotion last season so it's never straight forward I suppose

Thanks for all the nice comments lads (and lasses?) I always bare in mind that I'm an outsider when visiting forums and there will be resistance from a few so I always try to be pleasant and not ruffle any feathers,anyway don't be to hard on Newarkmariner because I actually like it when angry wums make an appearance for no reason whatsoever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You have been warned

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.