This thread currently has 6,498 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
July 25, 2022, 1:42pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
I ran the line in Sunday footy for a long time. I admit that I never got everything right but I never knowingly cheated and just gave what I saw at the time.

I used to get more grief off my own team that the opponents most matches though!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 85
goodref
July 25, 2022, 1:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +9
Gold Stars: 2
Thank you Mallyner for your kind words.

Refereeing your own team was always a high risk strategy.

You were always likely to upset one team or the other (or probably both).

I haven't seen Rob Surtees for ages. I always liked him and his style of refereeing. A good bloke as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 85
NewtoN
July 25, 2022, 9:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
Going into my 10th season now with Broadley FC in Lincoln and Grimsby. For us it gives it a purpose to keep Rich’s memory alive, whilst raising money for charity and organising some fantastic legends games.

Would have loved to be around when there more of an active Sunday league scene. Lincoln Sunday league has gone down to 4 leagues this season and Grimsby hasn’t released leagues yet.

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 85
lukeo
July 26, 2022, 6:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from NewtoN
Going into my 10th season now with Broadley FC in Lincoln and Grimsby. For us it gives it a purpose to keep Rich’s memory alive, whilst raising money for charity and organising some fantastic legends games.

Would have loved to be around when there more of an active Sunday league scene. Lincoln Sunday league has gone down to 4 leagues this season and Grimsby hasn’t released leagues yet.

Love what you do Matt and can never thank you enough as I'm sure his parents as well. He was a half decent full back as well.. I'll never forget a Sunday morning, ball smashed high and far towards him at right back. He took literally the perfect touch. Ball stopped dead. He ran off and celebrated leaving the ball behind hahaha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 85
Les Brechin
July 26, 2022, 7:00am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from NewtoN

https://fulltime.thefa.com/ind.....electedCompetition=0

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 85
NewtoN
July 26, 2022, 1:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Les Brechin

This is league from last year Les, I believe for the purpose of the Terry Hanley cup. New leagues haven’t been established yet.

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sunday League Footy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.