GrimPol
July 7, 2022, 7:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Kris2
Good luck to him. Sometimes it doesn't work out for players here, the ones from London or around there probably have a harder time adjusting to the culture shock than players from Yorkshire and further north do lol. Quite a nice chap and a bit of a character around the club but clearly wasn't happy and homesick so went on loan.

Glad for both him and the club that the deal seems to have worked out for all parties.

Well said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
ginnywings
July 7, 2022, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
You're on a wind up.

Time to move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
GrimPol
July 7, 2022, 7:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from ginnywings
You're on a wind up.

Time to move on.

I've moved on.

'Till the next time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
blundellpork
July 7, 2022, 7:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
I’m surprised by the negative assessment by a number of posters on here. In the games I saw him play, I thought he did well. He started the season but got injured early on, and Towler was brought in. Towler, and then Smith, both played at a level about the Conference, giving DLK little opportunity to play.

If you aren’t playing, it will be harder to settle, and so no surprise that he sought a loan and now permanent move back to the London area.

He did nothing wrong in my mind, and I wish him well for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
forza ivano
July 7, 2022, 8:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
I'm not surprised. looked like an accident waiting to happen in the 2 or 3 games i saw him. The fact that he's just played for woking,and now he's signed for Daggers tells you all you need to know

no loss whatsoever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
darren9
July 7, 2022, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Good luck to DLK

The way the club have dealt with this and with Scannell has to be a positive.

We identified last year that DLK wasn’t happy in the area and sorted a loan move. We then haven’t stood in his way and allowed him to move on.

With scans we’ve supported him through injuries and have given him a contract to allow him to return to fitness at and supported by the club rather than casting him aside.

I’m sure that football is a small industry and this type of behaviour from the club as an employer will get round potential employees. It’s only going to increase the chances of a player wanting to come if they know they’ll be looked after.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
Madeleymariner
July 7, 2022, 9:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
What I saw of him at Woking he seemed a good NL defender, good luck to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
AdamHaddock
July 7, 2022, 9:45pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,841
Gold Stars: 26
Good luck to him. Hopefully he has a bit more Longevity there

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
toontown
July 7, 2022, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from forza ivano
I'm not surprised. looked like an accident waiting to happen in the 2 or 3 games i saw him. The fact that he's just played for woking,and now he's signed for Daggers tells you all you need to know

no loss whatsoever

Yep that'd be my assessment of him too and that was NL level, although he did look like he was strong and decent in the air, no way good enough for league 2 and I'd be wanting better even at 4th choice to be honest. Very pleasantly surprised at getting actual real money for him too! Well done GTFC.

However it seems its probably in his interest to move on too and at least he would rather be at a club he is playing at than sat on his backside,and if it's better location wise for him then everyone's a winner, which isn't always the case.

I'd be delighted to get towler or smith back although I'd be a bit surprised too as it would be a real battle for them against (probably) maher for a starting place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DLK Departs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.