ex-merseymariner
July 3, 2022, 4:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9

Just thinking that it's great that season ticket sales are soaring,
a thousand more than last year and still 4 weeks, less a day, til the season starts, is incredible!.....
....but, last I heard, Trust membership stood at around 2000.

I really hope Trust membership sees a similar rise, I can't personally see why any Town fan wouldn't want to be a Trust member, particularly in this positive new era.

Anyone that isn't a member, please join up!
UTM

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Heisenberg
July 3, 2022, 4:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Just thinking that it's great that season ticket sales are soaring,
a thousand more than last year and still 4 weeks, less a day, til the season starts, is incredible!.....
....but, last I heard, Trust membership stood at around 2000.

I really hope Trust membership sees a similar rise, I can't personally see why any Town fan wouldn't want to be a Trust member, particularly in this positive new era.

Anyone that isn't a member, please join up!
UTM

Do you think there’s any way the club could make trust membership compulsory? I don’t mean enforcing it on fans, as such, I mean a portion of the cost of a season ticket going to the trust, like a show of goodwill from the owners?

I know that’s a lot to ask, but in an ideal world, the future would be where the fans own the club, not several wealthy people. It’s just a thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 3, 2022, 4:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Heisenberg

Do you think there’s any way the club could make trust membership compulsory? I don’t mean enforcing it on fans, as such, I mean a portion of the cost of a season ticket going to the trust, like a show of goodwill from the owners?

I know that’s a lot to ask, but in an ideal world, the future would be where the fans own the club, not several wealthy people. It’s just a thought.

You mean like buy a season ticket and get free trust membership

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
oochiad
July 3, 2022, 5:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
It’s only £12, I renew my membership last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
pizzzza
July 3, 2022, 5:04pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
The fact you get 5% off your ST by being a member makes it a no brainer really.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
Heisenberg
July 3, 2022, 5:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

You mean like buy a season ticket and get free trust membership

Sort of, but then the club (two blokes, who admittedly are definitely not going to make a profit) would take the money, instead of the trust…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
quebec38
July 3, 2022, 5:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Could you explain what the Trust is and the benefits of joining to those of us who don’t know please?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
DB
July 3, 2022, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from quebec38
Could you explain what the Trust is and the benefits of joining to those of us who don’t know please?

I hope this helps.

https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/about/

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
ex-merseymariner
July 3, 2022, 5:44pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Heisenberg

I think the discount for trust members is a version of this,  saves you some money, but without directing it to the trust, let's you have the choice.

So many reasons to join, why would a gtfc fan NOT join the Mariners Trust? 2000 members, fan reps on the board, a positive voice for fans.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
Heisenberg
July 3, 2022, 7:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

I think the discount for trust members is a version of this,  saves you some money, but without directing it to the trust, let's you have the choice.

So many reasons to join, why would a gtfc fan NOT join the Mariners Trust? 2000 members, fan reps on the board, a positive voice for fans.

With a little irony, I am a member!

I just like the idea of The Trust having a wedge of money so that one day they could have a major say in the club’s future, and maybe even own it outright.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Membership& Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.