9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
June 15, 2022, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I reckon Smith will be back. Just a hunch.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 85
Mariner_09
June 15, 2022, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
The general consensus is there isn’t actually that much of a gap between the top of non league and the top of L2, let alone the bottom of it, given the budgets and quality of player flying around at the top of our league. I could observe with my own eyes that the standard is way higher this time we got promoted to last. Cherry picking the best players from the top NL clubs may be the way to go as there may be less competition for them, they’ll all have points to prove if they’re coming up from non league and we’ll end up with a squad genuinely capable of challenging for promotion again!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 85
lukeo
June 15, 2022, 10:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Wish the club would do themed days for if/when the players resign..

Mcatee Monday
Taylor Tuesday etc 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 85
IrishMariner
June 15, 2022, 10:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from lukeo

Mcatee Monday
Taylor Tuesday etc 😂

A teacher like yourself should recognise the difference between re-sign and resign..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 85
RonMariner
June 15, 2022, 11:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from lukeo

Mcatee Monday
Taylor Tuesday etc 😂

Fabrigas Friday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 85
Croxton
June 15, 2022, 11:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from lukeo

Mcatee Monday
Taylor Tuesday etc 😂

Waterfall Wednesday
Ethete Thursday
Fox Friday

Poetic licence!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 85
Norseman
June 15, 2022, 11:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Who's to say it might not be Smith and Maher as waterfall struggled in league 2 .Might be back up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 85
Surrey97
June 15, 2022, 11:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 20
As others have said, I think Smith will be coming back. Won’t be involved with Hull’s first team next season so they’ll be looking to give him another EFL loan. I’d expect Longe King to move on and Pearson to be 4th choice with more of a focus on coaching for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 85
toontown
June 16, 2022, 7:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mariner_09

Efete could play as a wing back, he has all the attributes needed for that role.

He was tried there at times last season and was pretty poor. Stockport away springs to mind with revan on the other wing.

He isn't suited at all apart from having a great engine to get up and down. He doesn't have a good cross from deep in him and almost never attempts to, which is essential for a wing back. He doesn't offer width in the final third by trying to go past his man and crossing from the bye line (well he does very occasionally but its rare). His attacking play is more about coming inside rather than offering width. In that Stockport match clifton came on to replace revan and offered more going forward in the final 10 than the pair of them had in the previous 80, even on his weaker side. Attacked the box with speed and a couple of cutbacks one of which fox should have done much better from. Clifton is our best wing back.

Effete's actually more of a wide centre back in a 3 himself really, (likewise crookes who is tall for a full back and actually played in the 3 in that match against Stockport I believe) and Hurst has said he can see him in that role himself. Effete has height and is good in the air as shown by several goals scored the other end. He is very strong, and although he has decent speed for a full back for a central defender he would be very quick for a  entral defender.

He isn't perfect for that role though, his passing is very poor so wouldn't be comfortable knocking it across a 3 I don't think. And  I think his defending when the ball is on the deck in the box leaves a bit to be desired and prone to the odd erratic error. Which is perhaps explains why Hurst hasn't trusted him there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 85
Teesknees
June 16, 2022, 7:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from lukeo

Mcatee Monday
Taylor Tuesday etc 😂

A themed day when the leave the club?!

If they are under contract can they just resign!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Incoming

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.