Reply: 20 - 71
Mighty_Mariner
June 11, 2022, 4:50pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
Happy with the list to be honest, would have liked to have seen Sousa given another year and think he can terrify defenders, especially tiring ones. Can see Longe-King and the club coming to terms on a mutual release, signs don’t look good if he struggled to get in the side in the NL but happy to be proven wrong.

No idea why but I’ve got an odd feeling Fox will move on… really really hope I’m wrong!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 71
dapperz fun pub
June 11, 2022, 5:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,065
Gold Stars: 84
Pretty much what I was expecting .. like everyone I’m sad about max but that’s life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 71
jimgtfc
June 11, 2022, 5:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
Can’t really argue with any of that myself, and again full trust in the manager. I’d imagine Max might feel slightly hard done by with Scannell being offered something. Shame how it’s worked out for him, there was so much potential there.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 71
codcheeky
June 11, 2022, 5:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Happy with the list to be honest, would have liked to have seen Sousa given another year and think he can terrify defenders, especially tiring ones. Can see Longe-King and the club coming to terms on a mutual release, signs don’t look good if he struggled to get in the side in the NL but happy to be proven wrong.

No idea why but I’ve got an odd feeling Fox will move on… really really hope I’m wrong!

He shone in the play off games with TV coverage, given MoM in the final and is out of contract so will have plenty of interest as will Clifton who has a fantastic attitude and work rate and perhaps might fancy a change while in demand, wouldn’t be surprised to see both leave but hoping they both sign
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 71
arryarryarry
June 11, 2022, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
I'm amazed Scannell has been offered a contract considering his appearance record these past 6 years or so.

Just seems to me we have cash to burn.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 71
codcheeky
June 11, 2022, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry
I'm amazed Scannell has been offered a contract considering his appearance record these past 6 years or so.

Just seems to me we have cash to burn.

I am sure his contract terms will reflect his situation. He got injured giving his best for us and it’s hard to begrudge us looking after him
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 71
Mighty_Mariner
June 11, 2022, 5:21pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
I’m surprised the club don’t hold one-year options on contracts of players such as Taylor and Fox, though it was a standard thing we’ve done for years.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 71
MarinerWY
June 11, 2022, 5:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
What I was expecting tbh apart from Sousa, quite liked him despite lack of end product. Great at moving with the ball.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 71
Zmariner
June 11, 2022, 5:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
OK except for Sousa - he did enough for another year. Work rate in the last 3 games was exceptional and I am surprised. I was also hoping that Manny and Tristan would be offered terms, they were game changers off the bench. Would be gutted if we lost Fox or Clifton as they would be hard to replace. Still Hurst knows what he is doing and I have every faith we will be OK utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Out now

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.