6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
June 6, 2022, 10:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
He's player of the year and you know what that usually means. He has massively put himself in the shop window in the play offs.

If he gets a move to a bigger club higher up the leagues, then good luck to him. We will have the memories and  league football as a parting gift.

This club needs to emulate the likes of Peterborough and Scunny when they were rising, in that we pluck players from obscurity and sell them on for a profit. Then go find the next one.

Hope he stays, but if he goes, then so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
Norseman
June 7, 2022, 12:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Not everyone  rates him as highly as we do .Not picked in NL team of the year .I looked on chesterfield forum and in their discussions of who they would like to see come in McAtee wasn't mentioned .I really hope he stays, I cannot fathom how he's not in the NL team.And what do chesterfield fans know .McAtee is a fabulous player and will play higher level .Hopefully with us .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
Bignic69
June 7, 2022, 12:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
He’s probably been put in the bracket of striker and unless you watch him week in week out, his stats are no greater than many players. That said, we all know how he operates and what he brings to the table, I wouldn’t swap him for anyone in the conference, absolutely love him.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
PoutonStepover
June 7, 2022, 12:51am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
This. In droves coming from all town fans at the minute 🤣⚽️UTM

[url]https://twitter.com/jackkirwin2/status/1532646638669418496?s=21&t=8TOoKuzgN9BfSkIW0_Du1g[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
Theimperialcoroner
June 7, 2022, 7:57am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Firstly there is a one year option on him so he’s going nowhere unless it makes sense all round. That means a very decent offer, not a Fenty decent offer. Secondly, I’m pretty sure our new owners will want to make sure the mistakes of 2016 are not repeated and that means not allowing the promoted team to be ripped apart.
Be very surprised if he’s not here in August.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
toontown
June 7, 2022, 1:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Firstly there is a one year option on him so he’s going nowhere unless it makes sense all round. That means a very decent offer, not a Fenty decent offer. Secondly, I’m pretty sure our new owners will want to make sure the mistakes of 2016 are not repeated and that means not allowing the promoted team to be ripped apart.
Be very surprised if he’s not here in August.

Do u mean a further 1 Yr option on his original 2 Yr contract or are you just referring to him having another year already contracted to us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
Theimperialcoroner
June 7, 2022, 1:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from toontown

Do u mean a further 1 Yr option on his original 2 Yr contract or are you just referring to him having another year already contracted to us?

I understood him to be on a one year contract with the option of another year. I may be wrong but that was my take of the situation.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
A Brace Of Tees
June 7, 2022, 2:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from sydney
Enjoyed the genuine praise at work today
Even from some Gimps
But This Thread has Made me think of the 2016 promotion and the fact that PH let a lot of the squad go 🙂
Something from which I feel we never recovered and we saw what happened
Please don't do that again PH - “most”  of this team deserve a crack at Div 2
Hope He / They see this
Come on Town!!

Hurst didn't "let a lot of the squad go" - we had a majority shareholder who wouldn't put the right contracts in place, so quite naturally some of them buggered off!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
Norseman
June 7, 2022, 11:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Think with the shoulder op and not having a pre season he will be here and see how next season pans out .Hopefully we get him on a new deal so we get money when he goes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keeping McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.