6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Spurn boy
June 6, 2022, 7:25pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Paul Hurst gets the best out of McAtee by his own admission, and after seeing the tv interview he did after yesterday’s game he said it was the best day of his life and just loves his connection with us fans, he admitted he sometimes gets involved in off field situations that aren’t his own making but he’s a young guy who has finally found his home and I think it would need to be a unbelievable offer to take him away from Town at the moment but in a couple of years, who knows.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
TownSNAFU5
June 6, 2022, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
A season-fit McAtee, and a game fit McAtee would have reached 25 goals this season.  He is the heart, soul and energy of the team,  never mind his goal yesterday.  Look at his stunning goal at Wrexham and perfect pass to a Taylor for his goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
topuphere666
June 6, 2022, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Had we lost yesterday I think he would have gone, we’ve got a much better chance of him wanting to stay now.

Offer a year or 2 extension to him this summer, and make it clear if a decent offer comes in next season it will be considered. Safeguards the club and player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
June 6, 2022, 8:31pm
Guest User
I can only echo what lew said. He’s the best player we’ve had in years. When he ran towards goal in the 69th minute you knew he was going to score. Can’t think of a player in recent years who gave fans that confidence. Charisma too. Has the crowd in his hands every game. For 22 he’s a hell of a combination.

I do think he’s destined for bigger things, but I dearly hope he signs another contract and we keep him for another season.
Reply: 43 - 58
oochiad
June 6, 2022, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Back in the league and the possibility of Mcatee staying , I’m in dreamland! UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 6, 2022, 9:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from chaos33

It’s not passive aggressive. You’re being obtuse.
He absolutely clearly loves the club, and the supporters and it’s completely obvious in his actions, words, body language performances etc.

Thank you again for mansplaining what I felt, how I think and what my intention was.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
Teestogreen
June 6, 2022, 9:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariners1
Of course there’s reality in football that money is a massive factor but….surely as a player you must take so much pleasure from playing for a club where supporters’love’ you. That is clearly the case with Mcatee right from the start of the season. The manager have put out teams set up to play to him. He’s not going to get that if he moves now.
I can’t remember any other player than Bonetti having such a relationship with town’s support, not even super Clive Mendonca and this is the 60th season since I first went to BP.
Being happy counts for a lot!!!

Here’s hoping……

Joe Waters - Town fans paid for him to come and he paid us back with interest - great signing

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
chaos33
June 6, 2022, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
😂

Dearie me. Mansplaining….Passive aggressive…..
go check out their definitions again…

Do you have a chip on your shoulder about something?

You asked a question. I gave an answer - that it was absolutely self evident and obvious how McAtee feels about the club and supporters and us about him. Seems pretty much everyone agrees with me but you’re asking for ‘evidence’ and chucking labels and armchair psychologist terms at me that actually make you look a bit daft at best, and arguing a wrong point with an ad hominem at worst. I’d turn it in now if I were you.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
chaos33
June 6, 2022, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362

Kate Middleton? She's had 3 kids so she'll have a cooch like a carrier bag.

Nice bit of misogyny there Mr psychology label.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
HertsGTFC
June 6, 2022, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I saw something yesterday, well I think I saw it and that was after the game it looked like McAtee was filming the crowd on his phone, I like that as it felt like the support he gets means something to him. Will that keep him here is a good offer from a big club comes along? I doubt it.

I’d love to see him with us for a while longer but he’s been a revelation on the pitch and off it he’s just been genuine and down to earth, there loads of footage of him just being a nice lad with supporters especially with mascots and kids around asking for pics etc..

I’d be gutted to lose him for the start of next season but would wish him well if it was some form of karma for just being f*****g brilliant this season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keeping McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.