Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Some thoughts after yesterday...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 247 Guests

Some thoughts after yesterday...

This thread currently has 2,270 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
June 6, 2022, 10:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
I was in the queue for a drink pre-game and someone queue jumped. The two lads behind me were smashed and not to be messed with shall we say. They joined the queue behind me and waiting patiently but loud as you would expect someone drunk to do.

Got near the front after 20 minutes and some chancer squeezed into the queue. Lets just say the only reason the queue jumper didn't get a punch was because he decided to leave the queue at the third time of asking.

It always frustrates me in places like that though, the ground is built to hold 60,000 people and the catering can't even handle a crowd of 20,000.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
aldi_01
June 6, 2022, 10:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think there’s also a variation in how crowds behave depending on event, stadium and police force.

The Met deal with large crowd football events every week as well as small crowds. They know their excrement and react accordingly and appropriately.

I thought the steward with the megaphone at the stop/go for the route to the station was excellent, letting kids give a burst of a town song down the megaphone. When people see stewards and police as humans it almost always has a much more acceptable response…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
jamesgtfc
June 6, 2022, 10:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
I thought the stadium stewards were a bit odd. They kept walking down the aisle in front of me ensuring it was clear but whenever they did it, an army of them walked down the steps and back up again.

During extra time they ended up arguing with some bloke for not being by his seat and standing in the aisle but couldn't seem to wrap their head around the reason he couldn't do that was because everyone else in the aisle had moved across which forced him into the aisle.

That said, I was surprised they didn't make people sit down so fair play for letting us stand up all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Some thoughts after yesterday...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.