DB
June 6, 2022, 4:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Let's make sure we give him the tools he needs so he doesn't get poached again!

I was one of the ones questioning whether he'd lost his touch during the second third of this season, but the turnaround has been pretty staggering.  Never seen a play-off campaign like that.  It was built on stacks of attitude and desire.  You can't coach that, it's ingrained into the squad as a reflection of the manager.

I'll never doubt you again, Paul.

Neither will I

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
RonMariner
June 6, 2022, 5:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231

I cannot tell you how happy the next line I am going to type is making me......

A L2 side does have him  

Yes!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
SouthLakesMariner
June 6, 2022, 11:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +945
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Mayaman
When he arrived for his second spell you could see he was a much more rounded and man than before.  During the mid-season slump he did look haggard and under pressure at times.  He picked himself up, dusted himself down and with his excellent coaching staff regrouped and rebuilt a team with massive winning mentality. Often slated for being defensive and making substitutions too late, he changed those aspects of his game and took us all the way against overwhelming odds. I doth my cap.

He struck on a winning formula with his substitutions in the QF & SF. Solihull will have almost certainly clocked that and prepared for the changes. However, he managed to make the same changes yesterday but in a subtly different way by bringing on Raihky for McAtee and then later Abrahams for Holohan - making Solihull react differently to what they might have expected - smart thinking and small margins from a man who knows his trade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
chaos33
June 7, 2022, 3:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Very good point.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lord Hurst of Grimsby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.