5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
June 5, 2022, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,011
Gold Stars: 228
Winning promotion today is one hell of an achievement. On Hurst returning my comment was “at least we’ve got a manager who knows what he’s doing” this season has proved that.

We’ll kick on now and establish ourselves as being competitive in L2 I think.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
acko338
June 5, 2022, 11:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
Going from an amateur set up into a more modern set up with professionsm back up from on high has certainly assisted with tbe success now achieved.

It will be interesting to see what changes will be made with infrastructure, advertising, sponsorship deals, facilities within the ground and the pitch upgrade.

People always ask about new players as soon as the season ends, but as we have seen this season, there are huge benefits to working on what becomes facilities that aid recruitment, and the welfare of players, other staff and supporters.

Keeping the tills turning over and aiding the promotion of the club to outsiders makes sense to bring financial stability to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
mimma
June 5, 2022, 11:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Did anyone else notice that after we scored the winner, he still left Abrahams on the halfway line when they got a corner?  We wouldn't have done that in his first spell here, even if the scores were level!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
MuddyWaters
June 5, 2022, 11:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,289
Gold Stars: 236
Thank God Swann binned him off.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
aldi_01
June 5, 2022, 11:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Get that flipping statue built…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
DB
June 5, 2022, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Winning promotion today is one hell of an achievement. On Hurst returning my comment was “at least we’ve got a manager who knows what he’s doing” this season has proved that.

We’ll kick on now and establish ourselves as being competitive in L2 I think.

I like your posts, but we'll only be in L2 for 1 season then L1. You know my positive optimism.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
kyan_goodrich04
June 6, 2022, 1:21am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -238
Gold Stars: 5
I doff my cap to his attractive alure

free the fife from here they chains!!!! rally the troops from the muck!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
Mayaman
June 6, 2022, 1:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
When he arrived for his second spell you could see he was a much more rounded and man than before.  During the mid-season slump he did look haggard and under pressure at times.  He picked himself up, dusted himself down and with his excellent coaching staff regrouped and rebuilt a team with massive winning mentality. Often slated for being defensive and making substitutions too late, he changed those aspects of his game and took us all the way against overwhelming odds. I doth my cap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
SheepGTFC
June 6, 2022, 5:40am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Squinter

In the last three games he's looked a different Paul Hurst to 2016, so relaxed and calm with complete faith in his team.  He was even laughing with Cropper on the sidelines before a throw.  

What a difference new ownership has made.  We're in safe hands now for our EFL return.  

Think a lot of that has to do with the lack of bullshit behind the scenes at the club. Jason and Andrew truly have saved our club and them getting Paul back wad the most astute first move they could have made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
jaygy
June 6, 2022, 7:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Paul Hurst = legend!

Ian 'ollie' Holloway = makes me feel sick

Two contrasting managers and only one that I want in my dugout
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lord Hurst of Grimsby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.