Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 243 Guests

Solihull

This thread currently has 10,429 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
June 3, 2022, 7:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC
In 2016 FGR finished 2nd, we finished 4th, 9 points behind then, context?

I was quite confident we would beat FGR which is unlike me. I always felt we had the measure of them at that time.

I'm very nervous about Sunday. I think that is because we are just one game away from promotion. I'd regarded the other play-off games as a free hit but not this one.
Reply: 50 - 54
It Bites
June 3, 2022, 7:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
Forest Green had the unrest of stand in manager and new manager on the sidelines . I think that helped but I was never in doubt we'd beat them. This time feels different .
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
HertsGTFC
June 3, 2022, 8:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 800

I was quite confident we would beat FGR which is unlike me. I always felt we had the measure of them at that time.

I'm very nervous about Sunday. I think that is because we are just one game away from promotion. I'd regarded the other play-off games as a free hit but not this one.

I guess I feel like I did when we played Brizzle, a game that I still think we where the better team and arguably robbed.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
Teesknees
June 3, 2022, 8:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Hope it's not decided by crap decisions by the ref. If he's as inconsistant/bad as last week then we could come off on the wrong side of the result this week. Surely for such an important game someone with more experience of such games should be used... but even at the highest level they're all capable of member ing things up. I have this sweaty dream where we have some influential player sent off caused by gamesmanship from the Solihull Moors murderers!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
ginnywings
June 5, 2022, 7:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Have to say they were the best side I witnessed at BP last season and were very classy in defeat today, so I wish them well.

However, I would have been gutted if they had made it to the EFL over us and I think it will be a better League 2 with us in it rather than them.

Like FGR, their time will come, but obviously I'm delighted it isn't this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Solihull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.