Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you thought our Notts allocation was bad...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 273 Guests

If you thought our Notts allocation was bad...

This thread currently has 3,994 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
May 25, 2022, 5:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to give them 2,000 or anything but that away end is split into two sections and they've only given Chesterfield one part of it. Could have easily been 1,000 or so as they've given that before this season. These Blues/Villa fans following Solihull obviously haven't been getting down there that often otherwise their average wouldn't be less than 2,000.

I feel for anyone that's put a lot of time/effort/money into following their side and then misses out on the playoffs. It's fine when it's your supporters and the tickets have gone to ST holders but when the stadium is being filled up with people out for a jolly who'll probably be dipping out on 87 minutes it's harsh.

Oh I agree it's harsh, but with a ground so small I'm not sure there's any alternative. Notts on the other hand had 7 or 8 thousand seats sat there sans bottom!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 25, 2022, 5:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
There's a lot of people getting on their high horses about Villa and Blues fans here.

Remember, we are club who have taken thousands to Wembley and Cardiff on a number of occasions but average around 6000 at home (and it was nothing like that last year). All clubs attract 'extra' support for the big games. It's just how it is.

I'm more bothered by a situation like ours at County where the ground holds 20000 but they accept a gate of c.12000 - they lose money and we can't have the level of support we can generate.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
jamesgtfc
May 25, 2022, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Play off games are the biggest of the season so it needs a bit of a rethink here.

Average of the top 3 home team attendances.
Average of the top 3 away team away attendances.

If the stadium can accommodate both of those figures then get on with it. If the top 3 home team attendances means the away allocation would be smaller than the top 3 away team away attendances then tough luck, at least there is some rationale to it.

If a club has given a team 4000 earlier in the season, they need to have a good reason for denying it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
male private Nale
May 25, 2022, 5:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Of course more people are going to attend a football match for their local club with them being one win away from final and chance of promotion. I would be shocked if the home community didn't turn up and give their support even if it is the first time they had stepped foot in the ground, this is how you attract new fans.

As for the outcry that Chesterfield haven't been given enough, no club has a right to demand more tickets just because they average bigger crowds than the home team or a classed as a 'big club'.

Our scenario at Notts County was totally different, they could have given us more but chose against that for whatever reason.

I really hope Solihull beat them take 6-8000 to final and win lose or draw maybe a few hundred will return the following season. Non league football more than any other needs fresh fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 25, 2022, 5:26pm
Champagne Drinker
I'm on a roll now....

I'm baffled by County's decision. If you told me that you have the possibility of generating another 160k (8000 seats x 20 quid) I'd be thinking about how we could do that.

Grimsby think they can sell twice as many tickets...boom! Another 40k in the bank without breaking sweat.

What? They might make more noise than our home fans! We might lose the game?! We might lose the game anyway but we've got another 40k in the bank.

No, we'll give them 2000........

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 25, 2022, 5:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Play off games are the biggest of the season so it needs a bit of a rethink here.

Average of the top 3 home team attendances.
Average of the top 3 away team away attendances.

If the stadium can accommodate both of those figures then get on with it. If the top 3 home team attendances means the away allocation would be smaller than the top 3 away team away attendances then tough luck, at least there is some rationale to it.

If a club has given a team 4000 earlier in the season, they need to have a good reason for denying it.

There is a rationale to it. The league have said that you have to make 10% minimum of your capacity available to away fans. That is a rationale. We might not like it, but it is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
DB
May 25, 2022, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Abdul19

So if Chesterfield (having earned more points) played Solihull at home, they'd have the same amount of tickets available?!

In short yes. My solution is fair to all clubs. If the away team cannot sell its allocation (45%) . Then a day before the match if there is a large amount of unsold away tickets these could be offered to thehome supporters.

All I'm trying to do is find a solution to the problem caused by the NL management, who don't seem to care too hoots about the fans.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
lukeo
May 25, 2022, 5:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,406
Gold Stars: 149
If a team cannot sell out their home seats they should look at providing more for the away fans providing they can do it and it be safe etc.
If a team sells out the home end then it's tough luck.
Wrexham and Solihull have given a fair amount.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
coddy60
May 25, 2022, 5:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Absolutely intercourse Chesterfield in the ear.
Read there board while at work last night,  they hate us, and fully expected us to invade the pitch at County.
Oh and according to them we smashed all the pubs in Nottingham up before our league game.
They are as big a set of girl privates as their police force, really pray we both get to the final and we humiliate them on the pitch...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
toontown
May 25, 2022, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
I thought the rule was 10% OR 600 tickets, whichever is more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you thought our Notts allocation was bad...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.