6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
April 19, 2022, 7:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
He is obviously very settled in the area but regardless of what happens in the next few weeks he can't be number 1 here next season. So with taking a substantial pay cut to be number 2 seeming unlikely who thinks he could end up at Scunny?

Separately, Crocombe has done alright but if Hurst likes Battersby I'd be looking at having him as number 2 and pushing the budget as far as possible for a new number 1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
aldi_01
April 19, 2022, 7:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The fact nobody is asking the question at pressers potentially indicates that something may have gone on…

Either way, can’t see him here next year…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
Northbank Mariner
April 19, 2022, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
I've said in another post about Macca, just before Xmas Hurst said James had requested that his name was but out there to other clubs.
Hurst said there was no issue with Macca at that time and he understands the situation, so read into that what you will.
Word on the grapevine is Macca has recently qualified as a PE teacher and is looking at exploring that route and playing part time, so don't be surprised if he's playing for. Clee Town or even Grimsby Borough next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
mariner91
April 19, 2022, 8:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
If he goes part time I could see him back at Boston. Not too far to commute, still pay a decent amount and a decent level to play at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
jamesgtfc
April 19, 2022, 9:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from mariner91
If he goes part time I could see him back at Boston. Not too far to commute, still pay a decent amount and a decent level to play at.

Boston have relied on loan keepers this season after we signed Max Crocombe at the 11th hour and doubled what he was going to be on as Boston No1 this season. It's a decent level though and could work out well if he's got a plan for life after playing.

It's a decision that's paid off for Crocombe not just financially because he's managed to grab the opportunity with both hands. On a personal level though, I'm absolutely gutted McKeown's testimonial year has panned out this way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
MuddyWaters
April 19, 2022, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Boston have relied on loan keepers this season after we signed Max Crocombe at the 11th hour and doubled what he was going to be on as Boston No1 this season. It's a decent level though and could work out well if he's got a plan for life after playing.

It's a decision that's paid off for Crocombe not just financially because he's managed to grab the opportunity with both hands. [/b]On a personal level though, I'm absolutely gutted McKeown's testimonial year has panned out this way.[b]

Any significance you’re called James?
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
Norseman
April 19, 2022, 11:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from TAGG

He may have been at Chesterfield, that's why he wasn't with the squad at King's Lynn I recon

He was warming up at Kings Lynn with battersby and crocombe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
HertsGTFC
April 19, 2022, 11:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,019
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from Norseman

He was warming up at Kings Lynn with battersby and crocombe

He was and it didn’t seem like he was part of the goal keepers union as he seemed to be doing his own session within the warm up.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
GollyGTFC
April 20, 2022, 6:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,067
Gold Stars: 359
Re: Boston, they are coming into form and are almost certainly going to reach the play-offs. My understanding from talking to BUFC people is that if they win promotion they will go professional again.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 54
rancido
April 20, 2022, 11:47am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 102
Regardless of what division we are in next season I am sure Crocombe will be 1st choice goalkeeper. However I do believe that Battersby will be developed to eventually become No 1. Crocombe is an improvement on Macca but I think he is really only good enough for League 2 football. If Battersby develops then he could, eventually, be our 1st choice 'keeper for many seasons to come.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.