Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › London Stadium it is….
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 271 Guests

London Stadium it is….

This thread currently has 12,991 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Mrbump53
April 27, 2022, 2:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
The final would be in London due to the sponsors and other income so irrespective of what the fans want the decision is based on other factors. Interesting comment that need a stadium of more than 60000 as GTFC/Bristol Rovers set the record attendance of just over 47,000 so not sure that a stadium with a very large capacity is required.

As for boycotting the final this will not achieve anything apart from diminishing the support to the team. It will not affect the decision for the final this year or next year or any year so in my view such a boycott would not make any difference. I will be there if we get to the final so I can support GTFC (and celebrate our return to the football league).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 104
GollyGTFC
April 27, 2022, 3:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,065
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Mrbump53
The final would be in London due to the sponsors and other income so irrespective of what the fans want the decision is based on other factors. Interesting comment that need a stadium of more than 60000 as GTFC/Bristol Rovers set the record attendance of just over 47,000 so not sure that a stadium with a very large capacity is required.

As for boycotting the final this will not achieve anything apart from diminishing the support to the team. It will not affect the decision for the final this year or next year or any year so in my view such a boycott would not make any difference. I will be there if we get to the final so I can support GTFC (and celebrate our return to the football league).

How do you explain it being in Bristol last season then?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 101 - 104
Hagrid
April 27, 2022, 4:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I was gonna say the Euros but only affected Wembley didnt it?

Lets just say because those on the NL board are completely incompetent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 104
Mayaman
April 29, 2022, 11:53am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
[quote=231]

Just saw the price for Travelodge Central - available now but non refundable. I don’t need one - one of the kids will be press ganged into driving me so I can have a few stouts…
[/quot

Giving West Ham fans the chance to kick some Northern heads in - priceless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 104
Mrbump53
April 29, 2022, 1:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from GollyGTFC

This was due to Euro Final bookings and that there were restrictions on large public events at the time of booking. It would seem that the sponsors were not willing to commit money to a large stadium as potentially there would not be a large crowd to see it and there was still a risk of a potential lockdown so Ashton Gate (which only holds 27,000) was chosen. Again the fans were not part of the equation for deciding where to hold the final.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › London Stadium it is….

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.