Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 254 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 9,560 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
devs
April 10, 2022, 9:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Abrahams - killer instinct? His goal record hardly suggests he has that quality!

If we don't make play offs tow things stand out - lack of cutting edge/killer instinct in front of goal and the awful run earlier in season

Torquay flying and Daggers not out of it - so more pressure piling up on us and other teams above those two

Honestly feel if we don't go up this season but can keep bulk of this squad for next season and add a Bogle/Amond-type strike partnership we could go very close next season

But getting strikers of quality is proving harder each season - I'm afraid you have to splash the cash and then convince players that living in and around Grimsby is something to whet the appetite...not easy

We do however need to find a couple of X Factor-type forwards - look how many times Wrexham have scored late winners largely through Mullin/Palmer

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
Limerick Mariner
April 10, 2022, 10:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from lukeo
For me i'd make 1 change .. Scannell right wing.

But we know PH won't do that against Stockport. I can see Scans and Many starting against King's Lynn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2022, 10:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

But we know PH won't do that against Stockport. I can see Scans and Many starting against King's Lynn.

I’d like to see Many start at some point soon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
essexexile
April 10, 2022, 10:12am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Should have started today IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
sam gy
April 10, 2022, 10:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
Just don’t think Taylor will be dropped…he might have had an off day but he was phenomenal against Chesterfield.  He’s been one of our most consistent performers this season too.

JMD is a frustrating one….has a quality cross and strike in him, but is not blessed with pace and I think his overall fitness is still questionable.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
A.l.f.
April 10, 2022, 11:03am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Got home late last night and just got up.
The match strangely had a feel of an end of season dead rubber match.  We had no urgency in the first half and our passing game was not happening effectively.  Start of the second half we improved before dropping off again.
Unlucky maybe to not have scored given our numerous chances but it’s all about putting it in the net and not about almost scored.
Jones and Holohan were too deep and no one carried the ball forward trying to make something happen.  They did hit the post and missed a header in the last minute and they seemed to block everything.
Loved Weymouth, the people and bumping in to Town fans all over on Fri night and Sat morning for friendly chats.
Now we need to get back to our Chesterfield performance mode for Friday against Stockport.

Waterfall motm for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2022, 11:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from sam gy
Just don’t think Taylor will be dropped…he might have had an off day but he was phenomenal against Chesterfield.  He’s been one of our most consistent performers this season too.

JMD is a frustrating one….has a quality cross and strike in him, but is not blessed with pace and I think his overall fitness is still questionable.

When he was on Humberside recently JMD did say his fitness wasn’t quite there and he was doing extra work before and after training.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
GYinScuntland
April 10, 2022, 12:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Maringer
If we take 2 points a game for the rest of the season, we'll end up with a play-off spot, so it certainly is good enough.

Marathon, not a sprint, etc...

My biggest concern now is whether we have 2 or 3 good consecutive performances in us providing we do finish in a play-off spot.

How do we get two points from a game?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
Poojah
April 10, 2022, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,525
Quoted from GYinScuntland

How do we get two points from a game?

7 games left. Win 4, draw 2, lose 1. 14 points. 2 points per game.

Not easy but I actually think that’s doable based on our remaining fixtures. Stockport is the only game we won’t go into as favourites.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
Eastendmariner
April 10, 2022, 1:27pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
can't knock the overall effort, after the euphoria of last week really  disappointed as it put's real pressure on us to edge the play off spot. So poor in front  goal lacked some compposure. Inproved some what in the 2nd half but it wasn't to be  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.