rancido
March 28, 2022, 1:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from mimma
Should their overspending lead to promotion then Solihull would struggle in the league, whereas we would be able to compete financially with league teams.

Maybe but looking at the gates from league clubs games on Saturday indicates that some teams are managing. Accrington League 1, mid-table - home gate 2,764. Crawley League2, mid-table home gate 2,164. Colchester League 2, lower third table - 2,459. Many other teams like Sutton, Harrogate and Burton don't attract gates like us but are not exactly struggling in their respective leagues.I know I am only using home gates as an indicator of possible financial input but other these clubs may have rather astute commercial departments, owners prepared to bank roll player acquisitions or lower ground overheads.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 72
rancido
March 28, 2022, 1:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from Phil the cod

The point I'm trying to put across is that as a supposedly big club in the national League, it's not unreasonable for fans to expect a decent attempt to sign a quality player? Yes,we have some decent players, but if we are getting 3-4 thousand more supporters through the turnstiles, where is that extra revenue going? It's not on players, please enlighten me.

Quite possibly to help pay off The Leech.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 72
KingstonMariner
March 28, 2022, 10:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Phil the cod

The point I'm trying to put across is that as a supposedly big club in the national League, it's not unreasonable for fans to expect a decent attempt to sign a quality player? Yes,we have some decent players, but if we are getting 3-4 thousand more supporters through the turnstiles, where is that extra revenue going? It's not on players, please enlighten me.

Maybe they’ve got other revenue streams that we haven’t got access to, or an owner pouring money in above their means.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.