Hagrid
March 24, 2022, 6:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,522
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from HerveJosse

Another opposing manager who thinks the objective is to try and win a game. How are we ever going to compete at this level.?

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn

Not having to fork out 1.5 million to your boyfriend would go a long way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
out of town
March 24, 2022, 7:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Other than substitutions, i'm suprised noone mentions Hurst's inflexibility when it comes to the system.

We never really change shape or system, Solihull's manager spoke about changing the formation to push for their winner. We've got no plan B
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
diehardmariner
March 25, 2022, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that Sousa should accept responsibility for not stopping the goal?

Waterfall is the senior centre-half, he should have been much  closer to the scorer not just aimlessly jumping hoping to cut the cross out.

Genuinely baffled how you've come to that conclusion.  In the very next sentence I state where any blame would lie.  

I said ideally you'd have that second defending player, Sousa in this instance, challenging and getting in front of the attacker.  That's not suggesting he can defy physical strength and height to do so.  If Waterfall is closer to the defender then he A) loses the ability to cut the cross out and B) would be caught out if a shorter cross came in and the attacker nips in front of him.  

It was a cracking cross and the striker got his positioning bang on.  Sometimes you've got to hold your hands up to that.  Solihull turned over play quickly and did us on the counter attack.  The fault lies in that we gave possession away very cheaply (Clifton's poor cross I think) when committing people (Smith) into attack.  We then had an opportunity to cut the cross out (Burgess) but we gave them an easy ride to get a delivery in.

That kind of thing happens at all levels of football, more so in the fifth tier.  
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post match interview: substitutions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.