10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
out of town
March 17, 2022, 2:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
The lad who spits is a piece of sh!t scumbag.

Other than mouthing off at the start, Mcatees done nothing wrong. He even pulls his missus away at one point.

Obviously it's not a good look, but if thats the worst hes done in her edited clips, theres no case to answer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 91
Poojah
March 17, 2022, 2:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,895
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Hagrid

because Hurst hates stuff like this. no matter how minor

He does, but we also have one the most important games of our season on Saturday.

That said, the importance of the player in question shouldn’t really come into it - if an offence has been committed then it should be dealt with accordingly. Unless he was out against club instructions, I’m just struggling to see what the ‘offence’ is in this case.

Bringing the club into disrepute? Perhaps, I just think it’s easy to get hot under the collar about social media posts like this.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 91
ska face
March 17, 2022, 2:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Awkward times for everyone who wanted Sears sacked for bringing the club into disrepute.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 91
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, it's obviously not a great look for him or the club but there's no evidence to suggest he's done anything wrong yet. Agree that it sets a dangerous precedent if we leave him on the sole basis of a TikTok video.

A TikTok video that has been edited to show one side of the story too. I notice she accuses John of saying she was full of herself. Maybe I'm getting old but looking at her Instagram, I formed the same opinion. I wouldn't go round saying to her face on a night out mind but it is clear that there is more to this story than the woman is so keen to tell us.

Hurst worked the players hard on Tuesday and we had a long trip to Yeovil Saturday so I'm guessing players had Monday off; which explains his Sunday night out. We are in the 5th tier and our players aren't paid a fortune so we can't control every aspect of their life.

Based on what we can see, I think he needs to think about who is in his social circle and also consider that a lot of unwanted attention could come his way as his brother continues to do well for Man City.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 91
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 2:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Awkward times for everyone who wanted Sears sacked for bringing the club into disrepute.

Sears committed a criminal offence that could easily have resulted in people getting killed or seriously injured. What offence has McAtee been convicted of?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 91
ska face
March 17, 2022, 3:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Is that the standard by which the club is brought into disrepute then, nothing below a criminal conviction?

Like I said at the time, people should be careful about calling for players to be sacked as it’s not always the reserve right back causing the issue.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 91
Bignic69
March 17, 2022, 3:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
I can’t help feeling that this isn’t reported had it not been a footballer. the fact that the victims only twitter posts are the tiktok video which has the word assault spelt a$$ault and a daft statement that an 8 year old could’ve wrote stinks.

That said, Mcatee let himself get involved and obviously should’ve known better.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 91
Poojah
March 17, 2022, 3:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,895
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Bignic69
That said, Mcatee let himself get involved and obviously should’ve known better.

Correct. “Right then son, dust yourself off and don’t let it happen again. Now go and practice some volleys.”

That, delivered with a slightly disappointed looking glint in Hurst’s eye, is about the extent of the disciplinary action which needs to be taken.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 91
Hagrid
March 17, 2022, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
well i just got called a Nazi in town for having a mac coat on so my days going from bad to worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 91
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Is that the standard by which the club is brought into disrepute then, nothing below a criminal conviction?

Like I said at the time, people should be careful about calling for players to be sacked as it’s not always the reserve right back causing the issue.

No not at all but lets get some perspective here. He's gone on a night out well away from this town and been a bit of a drunken idiot like we all have from time to time but unfortunately for him, his mate has taken to spitting and he's the one that has the highest profile of the lot so ends up being the target.

If he gets involved in something like this again then it starts to build a picture but he's not gone around slating his employer or anything like that. If he's been gurning from drug use (which the club can easily find out) or it transpires that he committed an offence on Sunday night then lets have that debate but based on what we know so far, have a word with him and make sure he's focused on the task in hand.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mcatee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.