March 13, 2022, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I don’t understand.

Look, as I’ve said, Graham Rodger has bitten the dust, is being demoted. Don’t any of you care about that?

Not saying it’s the wrong decision. All I’m saying is that  we should have some sympathy in respect of someone  that has lost the job that they was doing. It must be really difficult to remain in the club with someone coming in to do the role that you was supposed to be doing.

No I don’t really care to be honest.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 107
jamesgtfc
March 13, 2022, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings

Ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe there is someone causing a problem and it's pretty obvious who you mean.

If there are genuine grievances there from some employees and it is being brought to the attention of the relevant parties, then you would expect that people with the track record the new owners have would address the problem. If in fact there is a problem I might add.

A lot of fans were desperate for new ownership and a new direction after years of going backwards as a club. It's always a bit of a gamble who you end up with; just look at Swann up the road. We ended up with two local guys made good, both of whom are Town fans and both of whom seem to be responsible employers going on their past records. There will always be people who have their noses pushed out of joint when a new broom sweeps clean. I've seen it myself at a company I worked for.

To my mind, we couldn't have wished for better people to take over than we got and maybe there are some feathers being ruffled, but I trust that eventually they will more likely take us forward than not, and in a more responsible manner than most football chairmen would work. They have only been in charge for about 9 months, so I'm sure there is still a certain amount of restructuring going on yet.

The plain and simple fact is that we went nowhere and were going nowhere as things stood before they arrived. That is indisputable and is reflected in our league position, which is very many places and a few leagues lower than the starting point of the last owner. To expect to carry on doing things in the same way, with the same people in post, is just madness.

Don't be daft. Why would you raise a grievance when you can write a letter to your good friend Pen instead?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 107
EvilFish
March 13, 2022, 11:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
This constant snide attack on the CEO is just classic, impotent misogynistic rage.

I know Fenty and his acolytes wanted to keep the club firmly rooted in the 1970s, but this is just getting tedious now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 107
aldi_01
March 13, 2022, 11:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Who writes letters…to anyone other than a resignation letter, to your employer?

intercourse me, sending letters to a non employee of the club whining you don’t like it. Embarrassing bullshit. Bet you all have pagers too…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 107
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 13, 2022, 1:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
It must be really difficult to remain in the club with someone coming in to do the role that you was supposed to be doing.

Fil, are you brain dead? In fact you don't even need to answer that because you have already proven it.

I have got a BIG shovel you can borrow to dig yourself an even deeper hole for yourself!

Yeh really difficult to stay at the club. Shall we ask Mike Phillips and Martin Dean's how that works successfully?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 107
lukeo
March 13, 2022, 4:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I don’t understand.

Look, as I’ve said, Graham Rodger has bitten the dust, is being demoted. Don’t any of you care about that?

No
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 107
GrimExile
March 13, 2022, 9:30pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I can remember when faxes were a great advance when you needed to send an urgent purchase order. Much less work than a telex (and without the risk of you typing something incorrectly). 😆 don’t knock it 😉

I’ve still got a working fax machine!! Not used it in donkey’s years mind you but I can’t bring myself to throw it out!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 107
KingstonMariner
March 13, 2022, 10:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimExile

I’ve still got a working fax machine!! Not used it in donkey’s years mind you but I can’t bring myself to throw it out!!

I would keep hold of it Grim. Might be useful one day if someone unplugs the internet.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 107
jamesgtfc
March 13, 2022, 10:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I would keep hold of it Grim. Might be useful one day if someone unplugs the internet.

I hope we get notice before someone unplugs the internet so I can get all my cryptocurrency out first.

To think there are some people reading this who will have never used a fax machine...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 107
KingstonMariner
March 13, 2022, 11:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I hope we get notice before someone unplugs the internet so I can get all my cryptocurrency out first.

To think there are some people reading this who will have never used a fax machine...

They still seemed to be using them at football clubs on transfer deadline day not that long ago.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Graham Rodger Demoted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.