8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
March 10, 2022, 1:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Chesterfield fans must be devastated after the weird 'bond' they put so much effort into manufacturing post their FA Cup hammering.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 77
Kris2
March 10, 2022, 1:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
I guess squeezing the rich Russians we gave citizenship for a down payment is the best Britain can do these days in the hope it makes them put pressure on Putin to change his mind. Watching politicians backtrack on all their big talk when British soldiers want to volunteer and acting like snivelling cowards shows how effective Britain is on the world stage.

We are terrified of Putin and Russia so we'll hide under the table shaking the legs of Russians in this country hoping one of them can give Putin a telling off because Britain, Europe and NATO in general are toothless.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 77
TownSNAFU5
March 10, 2022, 1:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Small mercies.  At least Fenty was not a very rich Russian.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 77
FishOutOfWater
March 10, 2022, 1:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Wonder if Roman and John met up when we had our League Cup game.... a cosy soirée at some private member's club in Belgravia to discuss Tory funding maybe?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 77
jimgtfc
March 10, 2022, 2:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
I’m obviously all for sanctioning Russian oligarchs, but feel this impacts Chelsea fans unnecessarily, no matter how much anyone hates them. Surely there could be some arrangement where fans can still buy tickets and merchandise with the proceeds going to a Ukrainian fund of some sort? I get that it’s all legal and political detail that probably goes over my head but I just can’t see this staying as it is and think the club might get some leeway. Think of how many stewards, stadium staff, club shop staff will be negatively affected to name just a few.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 77
MuddyWaters
March 10, 2022, 2:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Isn't his lady friend Russian?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 77
diehardmariner
March 10, 2022, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from jimgtfc
I’m obviously all for sanctioning Russian oligarchs, but feel this impacts Chelsea fans unnecessarily, no matter how much anyone hates them. Surely there could be some arrangement where fans can still buy tickets and merchandise with the proceeds going to a Ukrainian fund of some sort? I get that it’s all legal and political detail that probably goes over my head but I just can’t see this staying as it is and think the club might get some leeway. Think of how many stewards, stadium staff, club shop staff will be negatively affected to name just a few.

Point raised earlier about the profile of the Chelsea players.  A savvy player, for that read their PR team, will be all over this and putting forward their wages to help pay the wages of those in the club shop etc. who will be told not to report to work from tomorrow.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 77
GollyGTFC
March 10, 2022, 2:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from pontoonlew
Hard to feel sorry for Chelsea fans, especially given the fact they saw it fit to chant his name during a tribute towards Ukraine. In fact I’d go so far as to say there’s no other club that deserves this more than them.

This is payback for all the train journeys into and out of Kings Cross on a Chelsea match day ruined by their scumbag fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 77
Mallyner
March 10, 2022, 3:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

There are a lot on here who say that his tenure was a Crimea.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 77
forza ivano
March 10, 2022, 3:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jimgtfc

all staff will continue to be paid, according to the 1pm news on radio 4
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chelsea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.