Poojah
February 15, 2022, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,879
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Don't think I'll bother. Will be a terrible day out. Last league game they closed all pubs, 1pm kick off and herded us into a caged area inside the ground I seem to remember. Derbyshire Police arguably worse that South Yorkshire Police which is some acolade.

The last game there was that Dembele game, and a decent day out from memory. Glorious August weather, few pints on the way to the ground and a barnstorming 3-1 win for Russell Slade’s black and white army.

Some of the games at Saltergate were a bit ropey though I recall, but I wouldn’t write this one off until the police have fùcked about with it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
exiledmeggie
February 15, 2022, 10:18am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -208
Gold Stars: 20
So Cheaterfield think we are out of the running!

I would hope that we make a last dash for the line and sneak into the EFL!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Poojah
February 15, 2022, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from exiledmeggie
So Cheaterfield think we are out of the running!

I would hope that we make a last dash for the line and sneak into the EFL!

I think both Chesterfield and especially us can forget about winning the league. Stockport are currently tracking to hit 94 points based on PPG, but that overlooks the difference between their form pre and post-Challinor.

Dave Challinor took over on 2nd November, and took 1 point from his first 2 games in charge. Since then, their league form looks like this: W11 D1 L1. That’s an 85% win rate, and since Christmas in the league they’ve scored 26 and conceded 4 over a stretch of 9 games.

It pains me to say it because I don’t like the bloke for obvious reasons, but the statistics suggest that Dave Challinor is a very capable manager. I would bet my house on Stockport winning the league at this stage give their form and squad, the absence of Tshimanga at Chesterfield and the fact that for all their spending Wrexham still aren’t quite smashing it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
arryarryarry
February 15, 2022, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Poojah

The last game there was that Dembele game, and a decent day out from memory. Glorious August weather, few pints on the way to the ground and a barnstorming 3-1 win for Russell Slade’s black and white army.

Some of the games at Saltergate were a bit ropey though I recall, but I wouldn’t write this one off until the police have fùcked about with it.

The last game there apart from the friendly was an FA Cup game the following season.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Poojah
February 15, 2022, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

The last game there apart from the friendly was an FA Cup game the following season.

It was indeed. I stand corrected.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So we had our big day out at Notts County

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.