Hagrid
February 12, 2022, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,521
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
How did Scannell look for the time he was on the pitch? Is there promise of a rekindled player in there?

Some nice touches, but game was won by the point he was on. Id like to see more of him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
pontoonlew
February 12, 2022, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Credit to Hurst for making the change that none of us thought he ever would, we’re a much more positive side without Coke in the side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
MuddyWaters
February 12, 2022, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
How did Scannell look for the time he was on the pitch? Is there promise of a rekindled player in there?

It was good to see him get half an hour albeit in a game that was over. Whether he should start and who in place of is a trickier question.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
LH
February 12, 2022, 6:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
This division is basically ten half decent (but by no means excellent) teams who are in a promotion race and thirteen urine poor ones making up the numbers.

A really poor game of football that we were fortunate enough to score early in which meant Aldershot couldn’t sit on a 0-0. Shout out to the nob in the Upper who told McAtee it wasn’t all about him after he failed to hit the target from 25yds not two minutes before (again through good fortune) he scored his first.

Thinking of doing a run of “I saw Sean Scannell play for Town” teeshirts if anyone wants one?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
dicko995
February 12, 2022, 7:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 26
Exactly what Hagrid said at beginning of topic. 2nd half was a half wanting to be ended quick. We didnt seem interested, and was a likely income for them to score. Amos had a bad game today in my eyes, didnt know what to do, and his passing down the line to Harry often ended up in a throw in to them. McAtee tried too many flicks which ended up in us losing possession, and Taylor just wasnt in the game, losing out and giving away possession. Max in goal had a decent game, finding players in his kicks and throws, but the game ended in excitement at half time, we scored a third goal, and that was it for us, the subs never improved the flow of the game, we seemed to struggle to make passes, but 3 points is the name of the game. 2 tricky away games ahead of us, and we need to be on the ball, were on the edge of playoffs but played more games, the lads need to concentrate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
Mariner_501
February 12, 2022, 7:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from LH

A really poor game of football that we were fortunate enough to score early in which meant Aldershot couldn’t sit on a 0-0. Shout out to the nob in the Upper who told McAtee it wasn’t all about him after he failed to hit the target from 25yds not two minutes before (again through good fortune) he scored his first.

I did find that amusing when he went and scored from the same position minutes later. However it is worth noting that the first attempt was very, very greedy with an easy through ball on to put a teammate clean through on goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
HerveJosse
February 12, 2022, 7:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,209
Gold Stars: 145
Despite his goals thought  looked off it for long periods both today and against Kings Lynn . I hope an air of I am better then this is not developing . Except a Red Cross avalanche , that’s life but that’s the way I saw it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
MuddyWaters
February 12, 2022, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HerveJosse
Despite his goals thought  looked off it for long periods both today and against Kings Lynn . I hope an air of I am better then this is not developing . Except a Red Cross avalanche , that’s life but that’s the way I saw it.

I think that he might be guilty of thinking he’s of a better level than this and he possibly is. I think he would be even better if he played as a team player rather in the slightly maverick way that he does.

We certainly carry more threat with him in the team than when he wasn’t.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
lew chaterleys lover
February 12, 2022, 7:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,786
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from HerveJosse

He is a class act. A fantastic player with a fantastic work rate. And he has scored 10 goals so far and made countless others and often occupies a couple of defenders if they can get near him. His skilful play and sublime touches make him stand out and we are very lucky to have him.

What exactly are you expecting in tier 5?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
coddy60
February 12, 2022, 7:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think that he might be guilty of thinking he’s of a better level than this and he possibly is. I think he would be even better if he played as a team player rather in the slightly maverick way that he does.

We certainly carry more threat with him in the team than when he wasn’t.

How is he not a team player, he runs himself into the ground pressing, scores and creates goals, not everything he does is perfect, but he's a kid, playing in league 5. He will learn with experience, I wouldn't stop him doing anything he does, I would encourage more...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.