Bristol Mariner
February 10, 2022, 5:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Posh Harry

And your point is? It doesn’t matter where it happens, it is still abhorrent behaviour and labels the majority of town fans with the same brush as it is national news. Sick and tired of the attitude that it happens everywhere so it is what it is, or it’s not a problem. That attitude will never change anything and I am sure the attitudes would change if it came to your door.

As for your comparisons, if people go to the racing, it is their choice and there is usually a lot of space to move away, if you are out in a city on a Saturday night it is your choice to do so and you will be aware that there will be people drinking, possibly taking drugs and making a noise, again, you can choose to move elsewhere. When you are stuck on a train making an innocent journey in the morning then you have nowhere to go. Must have been very scary for a lot of these people. Whether it’s not a Grimsby thing or not, it is not acceptable, and if people excuse it because it happens all over the place then god help society. We already live in a society where individuals don’t take responsibility for their own actions and just blame everybody else, and as long as people have this attitude society will continue to spiral into oblivion.

Twit, I made no judgement and cordoned nothing. It’s wide than Grimsby - that’s my point.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 106
Limerick Mariner
February 10, 2022, 6:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Lazy sensationalist journalism looking for an easy win to deliver to the tut tutting classes - Grimsby at Notts County that looks like shoo-in. Unfortunately, we delivered to a certain extent. From what I've heard the disorder was far worse the following day. But smaller scale disorder from a smaller non-league club probably makes football disorder look worse and more widespread - like Forest v Leicester was bound to kick off like say West Ham v Tottenham so we won't cover that as much

We need to clean up our act, but not sure how. I expect repercussions now with Chesterfield KO time and allocation, but the sensationalising of statements like "arriving 5 hours before kick off" I find particularly irritating. Check the pubs at 10 am before any 6 nations game. I expect there are plenty of chemicals around as well but the police won't be checking for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 106
chaos33
February 10, 2022, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I think cocaine use is rife in all social classes. It was a huge factor in that England fixture at Wembley when fans stormed  the turnstiles to get in, and it’s evidently commonplace in parliamentary circles too judging by recent reports.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 106
Les Brechin
February 10, 2022, 6:40pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 106
cardiffmariner
February 10, 2022, 7:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
I like our new owners and how they have conducted themselves so far but for me that statement is a bit limp wristed.

Praising the masses with a gentle ticking off for the naughty boys, whilst also suggesting it’s not their fault they behaved badly, they have issues. Meanwhile the naughty boys snigger in the back row planning their next big shindig without fear of ever being reprimanded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 106
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 10, 2022, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Posh Harry

And your point is? It doesn’t matter where it happens, it is still abhorrent behaviour and labels the majority of town fans with the same brush as it is national news. Sick and tired of the attitude that it happens everywhere so it is what it is, or it’s not a problem. That attitude will never change anything and I am sure the attitudes would change if it came to your door.

As for your comparisons, if people go to the racing, it is their choice and there is usually a lot of space to move away, if you are out in a city on a Saturday night it is your choice to do so and you will be aware that there will be people drinking, possibly taking drugs and making a noise, again, you can choose to move elsewhere. When you are stuck on a train making an innocent journey in the morning then you have nowhere to go. Must have been very scary for a lot of these people. Whether it’s not a Grimsby thing or not, it is not acceptable, and if people excuse it because it happens all over the place then god help society. We already live in a society where individuals don’t take responsibility for their own actions and just blame everybody else, and as long as people have this attitude society will continue to spiral into oblivion.

I was at the Cheltenham festival (paddy’s day) 4 years ago and there was a group of lads doing coke (ironic if it had been ketamine) right in front of the stewards. They couldn’t (maybe wouldnt) do anything as they said it wasn’t their role and the police would have to do it. Half an hour or so later, one of ‘the lads’ was groping some young lass while his mate pretended to ‘do her’ from behind. She was in floods of tears and not one of the stewards would do anything.

So, please do differentiate between the 2!?!?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 106
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2022, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I was at the Cheltenham festival (paddy’s day) 4 years ago and there was a group of lads doing coke (ironic if it had been ketamine) right in front of the stewards. They couldn’t (maybe wouldnt) do anything as they said it wasn’t their role and the police would have to do it. Half an hour or so later, one of ‘the lads’ was groping some young lass while his mate pretended to ‘do her’ from behind. She was in floods of tears and not one of the stewards would do anything.

So, please do differentiate between the 2!?!?

It doesn’t make it right though, does it? I’ve been at Cheltenham and witnessed drug taking and witnessed disgraceful behaviour from a small section of Town fans. Neither are acceptable or mutually exclusive. We are not a very nice society in general at present.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 106
lukeo
February 10, 2022, 8:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Forgetting the cocaine and any disruption, panic etc people caused Saturday.
The state of that train alone is an absolute disgrace. If you're going to sniff Coke and drink yourself to death atleast have the decancy to tidy up after yourselves. Even if it's a case of taking a carry bag and wacking all the empty cans into it.. intercourse me. This hurts watching this. All my friends, family and work colleagues down here will see that and for the first time ever illl feel ashamed to say I'm from Grimsby.
That isn't a small minority. That's atleast 100+ people disrespecting and trashing the train.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 106
lukeo
February 10, 2022, 8:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from RobDef1
Love it.

Idiot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 106
wuffing
February 10, 2022, 8:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
What really pi**Ed me off about Saturday was that the 3 carriage 1039 train to Nottingham was already full as it pulled into Grimsby from Cleethorpes. We were jammed in, stood up like sardines all the way there and all the way back. It was ridiculous. Trying for the toilets was a nightmare. The air conditioning couldn't cope and there were no windows on this train. Why was there not more carriages laid on for such a large amount of people? Surely ticket sales and a bit of intelligence would have shown what would happen?
Then again it's only 2022 I suppose!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oh dear

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.