Poojah
February 3, 2022, 7:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from aldi_01
Mendy, similar crime, similar wealth, same job etc, released on bail.

Remand/bail, in this instance they don’t really differ too much. I appreciate one means they’re locked up, the other, in theory means they’ve still got their liberty but it’s not as simple as that.

I agree that had anyone on here done those things we may have found ourselves in the clink but given remand chaps get a different deal in prison, slightly different regime, remand wings and the like, it would actually be a difficult job keeping him safe and in mates away and so forth, hence why Mendy was given bail.

When convicted it will likely mean a prison sentence but again, regime is technically different and in theory gives the prison system opportunity to prepare. A millionaire footballer, with a profile heading in to a jail is a security nightmare for an already under pressure prison service.

Not saying it makes it right but was always likely to happen. It’ll be a significant length of time before it goes to trial too…

Mendy, who is accused of a string of offences against different women, did spend four an a half months in custody, so I’m not sure that necessarily counts as special treatment. In some respects, Greenwood is the bigger story because he’s English, has played for England and of course because damning evidence has already appeared in the public domain.

I’m not sure his celebrity status is necessarily going to work for him, either. Adam Johnson was sentenced to six years for engaging in sexual activity with a 15 year old girl; perhaps a crime of a slightly different nature but I don’t think that was considered particularly lenient.

There will be huge pressure on the judicial system to deliver a conviction and a substantial sentence in this instance. Even if somehow that doesn’t come to fruition, I can’t see how Greenwood has a viable career in football thanks to what the public has seen and heard. No rogue owner will be able to circumvent that, because forces bigger than any football club will always prevent it.

He may or may not get off lightly in the courts. Personally, I don’t think he will but regardless he will pay a big, big price for what he’s done. And rightly so.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 101
GollyGTFC
February 3, 2022, 7:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Poojah

Mendy, who is accused of a string of offences against different women, did spend four an a half months in custody, so I’m not sure that necessarily counts as special treatment.  In some respects, Greenwood is the bigger story because he’s English, has played for England and of course because damning evidence has already appeared in the public domain.

I’m not sure his celebrity status is necessarily going to work for him, either. Adam Johnson was sentenced to six years for engaging in sexual activity with a 15 year old girl; perhaps a crime of a slightly different nature but I don’t think that was considered particularly lenient.

There will be huge pressure on the judicial system to deliver a conviction and a substantial sentence in this instance. Even if somehow that doesn’t come to fruition, I can’t see how Greenwood has a viable career in football thanks to what the public has seen and heard. No rogue owner will be able to circumvent that, because forces bigger than any football club will always prevent it.

He may or may not get off lightly in the courts. Personally, I don’t think he will but regardless he will pay big, big price for what he’s done. And rightly so.

I think Mandy was remanded because he failed to observe previous bail conditions. I think his terms of bail were that he couldn’t have a party at his house and he ignored it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 91 - 101
aldi_01
February 3, 2022, 7:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Yeh the revoking of Mendy’s initial bail were breach of condietiom, but he was definitely released back in to the community with stricter bail conditions because of safety and the profile.

Greenwood will get convicted and go to prison but this gives them time to not only build a case but to also ensure sentence planning is water tight…greenwood would be a marked man in gaol because of his crime, factor in fame, money and the fact he’s clearly a gobshite and it’s a recipe for disaster…

Justice will be served be bailing him doesn’t surprise me at all.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 101
GollyGTFC
February 3, 2022, 11:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from aldi_01
Yeh the revoking of Mendy’s initial bail were breach of condietiom, but he was definitely released back in to the community with stricter bail conditions because of safety and the profile.

Greenwood will get convicted and go to prison but this gives them time to not only build a case but to also ensure sentence planning is water tight…greenwood would be a marked man in gaol because of his crime, factor in fame, money and the fact he’s clearly a gobshite and it’s a recipe for disaster…

Justice will be served be bailing him doesn’t surprise me at all.

Every day a person in remanded is just a day that is automatically subtracted from their sentence if found guilty and imprisoned. If he’s imprisoned he’ll end up wishing he didn’t have these 7 or 8 months on strict bail terms when it gets to the back end of his sentence and he would have been released but for his period on bail.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 101
Grimsby2012
February 3, 2022, 6:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
It's nice to see all the people who failed their law degrees have come here...

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 101
Poojah
February 3, 2022, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grimsby2012

I could spell ‘FUDGE’ with my GCSE results mate, let alone a fúcking law degree.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 101
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 3, 2022, 7:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from Grimsby2012

The finance threads bring out the accountants.

The law threads bring out the solicitors.

The badge threads bring out the designers.

All of this makes me wonder where the gynaecologists were when JSF was in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 101
Gaffer58
February 3, 2022, 9:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33

The finance threads bring out the accountants.

The law threads bring out the solicitors.

The badge threads bring out the designers.

All of this makes me wonder where the gynaecologists were when JSF was in charge.

And the football thread brings out all the managers/ coaches!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 101
Poojah
February 3, 2022, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58

And the football thread brings out all the managers/ coaches!

I think you may have overlooked quite possibly the best gag I’ve ever seen on here.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 101
AdamHaddock
February 4, 2022, 9:46am

Main Stander
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,841
Gold Stars: 26
The stadium threads bring out the architects

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mason Greenwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.