8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
December 4, 2021, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I’ve seen the spirit, commitment, passion in the eyes and on the faces of McAtee, Taylor, Clifton, Pearson, Coke, Fox etc. I intend to match that and stick with them. Ups and downs. Win together, lose together. It’s tough, and competitive. If you don’t want a bit of that, and can’t get an objective and realistic perspective, go and play golf or do the Christmas shopping or summat and spare the rest of us the entitled bleating.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 74
mariner91
December 4, 2021, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB
The good news is we're not going to get relegated and in August mid-table was going to be good, top 7 even better. We started the decline because we needed  Taylor and McAtee together on the pitch, but neither finished the game today! Something has gone massively wrong as suggested on RH by Hagrid, and as suggested last September the strength-in-depth, has gone to what strength.

Hurst has now hinted twice that there will be movement in and out in January, so has this upset the team spirit and subsequently the form? Has Hurst's tactics been sussed out and accounted for, including no left defense or has he suddenly become inept? We hit the ground running in August and has the dream start been too much and over raised our expectations?

Hurst has just suggested on RH that some players are not performing to the potential they did earlier and perhaps the bo!!oking they got didn't go down well? So there we have it at the minute, too many questions and not enough, if any, answers.

We enjoyed the good times and now we have, reluctantly, have to accept the bad but we are still in the play-off positions. Other clubs will also go through bad times so let's hope some points against Chesterfield will start a bad run for them.

Edit.
Forgot to say there's something in the London air that upsets our players.

In what world would mid table in non league be considered good?! I'm not one of these who thinks we have a divine right to be at the top of this division but Jesus H Christ, we're Grimsby Town not Wealdstone ffs.  :
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 74
HertsGTFC
December 4, 2021, 6:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid
Crookes Injured Sousa Injured according to Hurst

Poor Interview from Tondeur, no pressing of the concerns staring us all in the face

Do you expect anything else from Tondour? I can’t recall him asking “why did you play a centre half at left back and leave a left back on the bench”?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 74
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
December 4, 2021, 7:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +244
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from chaos33
I’ve seen the spirit, commitment, passion in the eyes and on the faces of McAtee, Taylor, Clifton, Pearson, Coke, Fox etc. I intend to match that and stick with them. Ups and downs. Win together, lose together. It’s tough, and competitive. If you don’t want a bit of that, and can’t get an objective and realistic perspective, go and play golf or do the Christmas shopping or summat and spare the rest of us the entitled bleating.  

You need quality as well and we currently have none.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 74
DB
December 4, 2021, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from mariner91

In what world would mid table in non league be considered good?! I'm not one of these who thinks we have a divine right to be at the top of this division but Jesus H Christ, we're Grimsby Town not Wealdstone ffs.  :

I agree with you but some said this on here pre-season.  

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 74
Vance Warner
December 4, 2021, 7:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,832
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from chaos33

Superb post. No way we’ll go down so Hurst will be here until the end of the season at least. He’s always steadily improved us. There’s no doubt the squad now is better than the one that finished last season which was better than the one he inherited.
Time to stick together. By all means have an opinion but some of the personal insults on here aimed at PH are babyish at best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 74
headingly_mariner
December 4, 2021, 7:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Do you expect anything else from Tondour? I can’t recall him asking “why did you play a centre half at left back and leave a left back on the bench”?

I can answer that for you. Revan is shite and Towler has played left back for Bristol City’s academy and Crookes was injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 74
Stadium
December 4, 2021, 7:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Always the "safe" questions and never challenges.

Easiest ride ever for a manger in an interview.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 74
ginnywings
December 4, 2021, 7:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548

You need quality as well and we currently have none.

I'd dispute that.

Taylor, Fox and McAtee are quality players. So are Hunt and Towler, but they are young and feeling the pace. Waterfall is very capable and there are others who show glimpses of quality but lack consistency, such as Sousa and Bapaga.

Haven't seen anything of JMD yet, but again, he has the potential to be a very good player if he can get his form going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 74
chaos33
December 4, 2021, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I was waiting to see if there might be some balance and rationality - you’ve just brought it.
Everyone knows it’s really disappointing. It’s not good enough. But we need to regroup, take a critical but constructive overview and get on with it. I’ve watched Town for 40 years. I’ve seen many, many poorer squads and managers than this. One thing is for sure - if the fans turn against this committed and quality squad, we’ll deteriorate, not improve.
UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.