October 25, 2021, 11:08am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Garth
To be fair, to desperately want to attend and can't because the stands are reportedly sold out, only to find out after the match that there were plenty of seats available is amateurish by the club, and needs to be sorted ASAP whatever the cause. Sort it GTFC!

Like we’ve all said over the last few weeks there is no way 5-600 paying fans aren’t turning up.
If there’s something wrong with the system or it’s something the club know about then it wouldn’t hurt to tell us as it’s looking like the Notts county game will be sold out by Today.
There  might be lots of drunk off people if there are rows of empty seats In the ground again on Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 106
diehardmariner
October 25, 2021, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Ah let's not start going in with both feet on the club.

It's a learning curve and I'm confident people will learn from this.  Until 6 months ago the people at the head of his organisation (Stockwood and Debbie Cook) had no previous of running a football club.  The people who did and have remained in post had any inclination of acting on their own initiative sucked out of them.

It'll take time to change things.  Even then, when improvements are made there's always more to go at.

It needs addressing.  A disparity of 10% between tickets issued and the actual gates doesn't sit well with me.  Granted, some people just won't have gone having had a ticket but it won't account for the real figure.  Be it issues with the scanning system, free tickets getting wasted or people potentially missing out on going even when we've seats available is something to improve on.  But it will be improved on.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 106
MarinerWY
October 25, 2021, 11:12am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Jaws

There was over 500 available tickets in the Osmond on the website up until they were taken off sale just prior to kick-off.

Exactly - up to now, if you wanted a seat, you could get one including last minute. Maybe not in your preferred stand but in the Osmond right up till kick off and parts of the Main up to a day or so beforehand.

Notts County might be the first time people genuinely can't get tickets due to us not being able to allocate part of the Osmond to town fans. Having said that, tickets have been on sale for ages including to people with an 1878 membership, think we've had our tickets for a couple weeks now. Definitely hard on shift workers who can't commit to last minute but for most folk who can plan ahead, you can make sure you get a ticket.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 106
HerveJosse
October 25, 2021, 11:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
For me the issue reamsins I don’t believe the stated attendance was correct.yes empty seats is an issue particularly in sold it stands but if the capacity of the ground is just over 9000 as stated that would mean there were 2600 empty seats including those not in use eg behind the dugouts . That’s 1 in 3 in the ground as a whole .It just didn’t look anything like that .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 106
Jaws
October 25, 2021, 11:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from diehardmariner
Ah let's not start going in with both feet on the club.

It's a learning curve and I'm confident people will learn from this.  Until 6 months ago the people at the head of his organisation (Stockwood and Debbie Cook) had no previous of running a football club.  The people who did and have remained in post had any inclination of acting on their own initiative sucked out of them.

It'll take time to change things.  Even then, when improvements are made there's always more to go at.

It needs addressing.  A disparity of 10% between tickets issued and the actual gates doesn't sit well with me.  Granted, some people just won't have gone having had a ticket but it won't account for the real figure.  Be it issues with the scanning system, free tickets getting wasted or people potentially missing out on going even when we've seats available is something to improve on.  But it will be improved on.

I'll be the first one saying the ticket office staff have plenty to improve on but let's cut them some slack.. the club has not been in a position where it is getting sell-out after sell-out. I agree the disparity does need to be sorted, but I think we'll get a statement on this. What will be interesting for me, is to know whether the current disparity has always been an issue. To me, and I suspect others, the announced attendances always seem lower than what's actually in the ground.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 106
Les Brechin
October 25, 2021, 12:12pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Maybe we're using the "missing" 500 to pay Fenty off quicker.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 106
GollyGTFC
October 25, 2021, 12:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,065
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Humbercod
Already mentioned a full row of empty seats in front of me in the ponny, but what I do find strange as been mentioned over 7000 issued?
Do we know how many freebies are issued to schools each week? As I can imagine quite a few absentees from these, the Covid scare is off again as well so many with tickets (and you can’t blame them) might think it’s to much of a risk.

How many of those empty seats in the Pontoon were actually piled in with their mates stood up in the top right corner?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 86 - 106
LondonMariner43
October 25, 2021, 12:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Garth
To be fair, to desperately want to attend and can't because the stands are reportedly sold out, only to find out after the match that there were plenty of seats available is amateurish by the club, and needs to be sorted ASAP whatever the cause. Sort it GTFC!

Just because seats were empty it doesn’t mean they weren’t sold.  Season ticket holders on half term holiday, Covid self isolation, other last minute changes … there’s lots of reasons why someone ends up not going despite having a ticket.  It’s not the clubs fault
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 106
pizzzza
October 25, 2021, 12:34pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Season ticket holders on half term holiday,

What type of madman books a holiday during the football season?
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 106
LN8Mariner
October 25, 2021, 12:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +329
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Just because seats were empty it doesn’t mean they weren’t sold.  Season ticket holders on half term holiday, Covid self isolation, other last minute changes … there’s lots of reasons why someone ends up not going despite having a ticket.  It’s not the clubs fault

This. 2% covid infection rate in Yorkshire and Humber so that’s 140 wiped off straight away, some family may not want to go for that reason. 8% secondary school age children so that could mean uptake from schools on the free tickets is going to be little to none. Working in a school myself there’s been a lot of infections and almost as many (ahem) illnesses where the prescription must have been “go abroad”   It’s the “busiest” October half term I’ve seen in 25 years for holidays so that will also knock a few off. Perhaps may struggle to get to 600-700…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today’s attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.