Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

I hurts my arrse sitting in my seat for 1 1/2 hours

Is that why you sit by the aisle, do you can get up easier? 😄

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
toontown
October 25, 2021, 8:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from grimps

I think if it’s a school or a company they should at least have the decency to let the club know the day before

The school won't know - the tickets will be give  out to individual kids and parents I suppose who go or don't, the school has no idea if they are going surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
ginnywings
October 25, 2021, 9:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Maybe it's always been the case that tickets issued doesn't correlate with match day attendance,

Did we state the number of tickets issued under the reign of JF?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 106
grimps
October 25, 2021, 9:59pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,170
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from toontown

The school won't know - the tickets will be give  out to individual kids and parents I suppose who go or don't, the school has no idea if they are going surely?

I think it was a. If more organised than that , I always used to see big groups of school kids or kids football teams in the Main stand and they used to come as a group
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
LH
October 25, 2021, 10:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from ginnywings
There are 3 reserved seats behind me that have had no one in them all season. I also talked to a lad I know on Saturday who had 2 tickets going spare from people who couldn't make the game. That's 5 missing bodies in the ground and I'm sure most will know of similar situations.

The first season back in L2 last time I had four season tickets next to me which were used for three games. In that case it was a corporate group who used them for Donny, Pompey and whoever it was against for the match they had sponsored.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
RonMariner
October 25, 2021, 10:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,864
Gold Stars: 231
I must say that when you look at the huge areas in the three open corners, there is scope for hundreds of extra seats. I accept that the fan zone should stay, but the other two corners could surely come into play if we start getting consistent sell outs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
gtfckyle
October 26, 2021, 9:23am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Quoted from RonMariner
I must say that when you look at the huge areas in the three open corners, there is scope for hundreds of extra seats. I accept that the fan zone should stay, but the other two corners could surely come into play if we start getting consistent sell outs.

Key word is IF, they'd be the last seats sold in the ground if they were as they used to be. Open to the elements in winter, I couldn't think of anything worse.

It's been said here but there were still hundreds of seats to be taken in the Osmond, naybody who wanted to go Saturday just gone (or any other time this season so far) could have done so.

That is obviosuly very close to changing against Notts but that situation is likely to only happen 2 or 3 times this season unless we get another swell of supporters selling out the Osmond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today’s attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.