Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 251 Guests

Notts county

This thread currently has 26,933 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Kristine
October 23, 2021, 8:19am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from cod_head_doug
here's a radical solution.
in the two open corners each side of the pontoon stand, why not get a local scaffolding company to put some steps in, to allow standing supporters.
we could get another 500 in the ground supporting Town.

Our licence is for an all seater stadium, we can’t

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 174
Kristine
October 23, 2021, 8:22am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from immariner
FAO Kristine. Why are the seats considered restricted view the same price as other seats? Shouldn't they be cheaper to relect the experience rather than it being a case of 'well we told you they were restricted, take it or leave it'. I had always assumed they were a quid or two cheaper, just feels fair.

Although they are marked as restricted view, most are only restricted in quite a small way but they have to be marked as so

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 174
HerveJosse
October 23, 2021, 8:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Can someone explain to me why if the stand is split into two sections one of three locks and one of two for segregation purposes and Notts are allocated are 1255 tickets which I think is what a section containing three blocks holds the rest can’t be used for home fans.Clearly there must be some other issue we are not aware of other then the current configuration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 174
Swansea_Mariner
October 23, 2021, 8:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from grimps

I’ve believed for years that the grounds not big enough , a club of our size and potential needs to have something nearly twice the capacity .
Our only problem has been lack of ambition over the last 29 years which has hopefully now come to an end .
If we had a decent  ground with good facilities and good parking ect we’d be getting a couple of thousand more than we will on Saturday.
People saying let’s fill the ground we’ve got first don’t realise that the current ground is actually holding us back even now

Totally agree with this, hopefully the new owners are starting to see this is a major hindrance to our progression as a club.

Saying ah well we're not selling those couple hundred seats with dreadful views is a non argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 174
grimps
October 23, 2021, 8:41am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from HerveJosse
Can someone explain to me why if the stand is split into two sections one of three locks and one of two for segregation purposes and Notts are allocated are 1255 tickets which I think is what a section containing three blocks holds the rest can’t be used for home fans.Clearly there must be some other issue we are not aware of other then the current configuration.

Most Prem clubs just have a line of stewards to separate fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 174
dicko995
October 23, 2021, 11:43am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 26
If there are any supporters attending the game from Nunsthorpe, allocate them seating on the roof, theyre used to that i,ll get my coat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 174
TinklerMan
October 23, 2021, 12:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 10
Not sure I have been following Grimsby Town long enough to have a valid opinion on this, but I will make a couple of points.

First of all I have got a feel for the history of the club from some of the many discussions that have taken place on this message board. I'd say that based on what I have read about the clubs decline in the recent history, especially under the previous ownership, that you now seem to have a very refreshing problem for a change. A great problem where you are no on the up, and debating concerns over the lack of tickets for home fans. Whilst it can be frustrating if you haven't got a ticket, what a great situation this is that you have gone into non-league and you are struggling with demand and now exceeding 7,000 fans.

Secondly, I tend to agree with those that have suggested that you need to look after your own first, when considering the amount of away fans you allow. Assuming of course there is no league rule on this. So I would give Notts the least amount of tickets that you are allowed to.

But then that gives rise to problems too, if you aren't 100% sure that you are going to sell the tickets that you was going to give to Notts. Because it's a sure bet that they would sell all of their allocation.

The test for that is games like Yeovil today. If you aren't able to full sell the biggest section of  the Osmond tickets to your home fans, then I would go with the clubs policy of maximising sales to away fans for the Notts game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 174
moosey_club
October 23, 2021, 12:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from lukeo

Tough one. We never have sold out before. Pre this season people could have bought the restricted viewed seats and then sat somewhere else. If its looking likely to be a regular home sell out I'm sure the club will look at this.

I am pretty sure no one would do that or buy a junior ticket when they are over age for that matter....we are all very trustworthy, honest and upstanding.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 174
moosey_club
October 23, 2021, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from TinklerMan
Not sure I have been following Grimsby Town long enough to have a valid opinion on this, but I will make a couple of points.

First of all I have got a feel for the history of the club from some of the many discussions that have taken place on this message board. I'd say that based on what I have read about the clubs decline in the recent history, especially under the previous ownership, that you now seem to have a very refreshing problem for a change. A great problem where you are no on the up, and debating concerns over the lack of tickets for home fans. Whilst it can be frustrating if you haven't got a ticket, what a great situation this is that you have gone into non-league and you are struggling with demand and now exceeding 7,000 fans.

Secondly, I tend to agree with those that have suggested that you need to look after your own first, when considering the amount of away fans you allow. Assuming of course there is no league rule on this. So I would give Notts the least amount of tickets that you are allowed to.

But then that gives rise to problems too, if you aren't 100% sure that you are going to sell the tickets that you was going to give to Notts. Because it's a sure bet that they would sell all of their allocation.

The test for that is games like Yeovil today. If you aren't able to full sell the biggest section of  the Osmond tickets to your home fans, then I would go with the clubs policy of maximising sales to away fans for the Notts game.

But you have to consider that the other club may take a mammary for tat approach and only offer a paltry amount of seats in the reverse fixture.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 174
AussieMariner
October 23, 2021, 12:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from TinklerMan

Agree with the sentiment but you can’t really use Yeovil as the yardstick because the most recent block in the Osmond was only made available today. It would have been more likely to sell out if it had been available at the same time as other home allocations,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 174
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.