Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

Notts county

This thread currently has 26,936 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
October 22, 2021, 7:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Let’s forget about th3 green seats they will be long gone and I can’t see the new owners wasting money on something temporary. If crowds remain high with regular osmand use then it will accelerate the decision on what todo with the main stand

Presumably they'd have to take the roof off to sort out  the views on those 300 seats, can't imagine that would be practical though, might be cheaper to build out one of the corners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 174
SuperJoeyWaters
October 22, 2021, 7:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +45
FTAO Kristine

Not sure if it has already been considered but as this game will surely be a sell out for the home fans, why not utilise all the seats in the directors section?
Seats can be used there for the match sponsors and match ball sponsors freeing up more seats they usually occupy further behind the directors
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 174
toontown
October 22, 2021, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70

Let’s forget about th3 green seats they will be long gone and I can’t see the new owners wasting money on something temporary. If crowds remain high with regular osmand use then it will accelerate the decision on what todo with the main stand

Temporary seating, If filled, would make money not lose it as people would have to pay to sit in it.

If it wasn't cost effective such things wouldn't exist.

On top of more money to be made in terms of programmes, food, drink etc. Not to mention allow more vocal home support and get more people involved in attending and thus involved in supporting town in future.
I don't know what the break even point would be to make it worthwhile though - depends if its a one off or for longer term I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 174
Kristine
October 22, 2021, 7:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Poojah

OK, fair enough Kristine - I'll get back in my box.

Certainly wasn't a criticism of you or the club. It'll be a shame if we have empty seats and Town fans unable to attend the game, I think we can all agree on that, but it sounds like it's unavoidable so fair enough.

Haha no problem. Always ask questions, certainly wasn’t taken as a criticism

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 174
Kristine
October 22, 2021, 7:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from SuperJoeyWaters
FTAO Kristine

Not sure if it has already been considered but as this game will surely be a sell out for the home fans, why not utilise all the seats in the directors section?
Seats can be used there for the match sponsors and match ball sponsors freeing up more seats they usually occupy further behind the directors

Will be considered I’m sure

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 174
cod_head_doug
October 23, 2021, 12:12am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
here's a radical solution.
in the two open corners each side of the pontoon stand, why not get a local scaffolding company to put some steps in, to allow standing supporters.
we could get another 500 in the ground supporting Town.

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 174
immariner
October 23, 2021, 12:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
FAO Kristine. Why are the seats considered restricted view the same price as other seats? Shouldn't they be cheaper to relect the experience rather than it being a case of 'well we told you they were restricted, take it or leave it'. I had always assumed they were a quid or two cheaper, just feels fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 174
lukeo
October 23, 2021, 12:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from immariner
FAO Kristine. Why are the seats considered restricted view the same price as other seats? Shouldn't they be cheaper to relect the experience rather than it being a case of 'well we told you they were restricted, take it or leave it'. I had always assumed they were a quid or two cheaper, just feels fair.

Tough one. We never have sold out before. Pre this season people could have bought the restricted viewed seats and then sat somewhere else. If its looking likely to be a regular home sell out I'm sure the club will look at this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 174
TwoLeftFeet
October 23, 2021, 6:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from cod_head_doug
here's a radical solution.
in the two open corners each side of the pontoon stand, why not get a local scaffolding company to put some steps in, to allow standing supporters.
we could get another 500 in the ground supporting Town.

The club isn't allowed to reintroduce standing areas without a change of government policy the club had to go all seater in 1995 because of being in the championship at the time..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 174
grimps
October 23, 2021, 6:31am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46
Who the hell would believe this situation OUR GROUNDS NOT BIG ENOUGH there’s now only one way to guarantee a place in the stadium that’s to buy a season ticket.

I’ve believed for years that the grounds not big enough , a club of our size and potential needs to have something nearly twice the capacity .
Our only problem has been lack of ambition over the last 29 years which has hopefully now come to an end .
If we had a decent  ground with good facilities and good parking ect we’d be getting a couple of thousand more than we will on Saturday.
People saying let’s fill the ground we’ve got first don’t realise that the current ground is actually holding us back even now
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 174
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.