August 25, 2021, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano

A) you've got zero evidence that Flemi g was forced out
And B) since we haven't had home mat h in 18 months I'm struggling to see what evidence you have for the departure of the despised Dale being a mistake

I have no evidence that Ian Fleming was forced out but after 30 odd years service the new owners effectively demoting him by bringing in someone to take his position doesn't look good on his part or on the part of the new owners.

If he had indicated he was thinking of retiring anyway in my opinion it could have been handled better with just handing his role over to the new CEO when he actually left.

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 67
ginnywings
August 25, 2021, 2:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
We have been utterly sh1te as a club for nearly two decades.

The people who have been fixtures for years can't have any complaints about being replaced/calling it quits.

What happened last season was an utter disgrace and my only regret is that the current owners didn't get in sooner to stop the rot before we plummeted once again into non league. A league we may struggle to get out of for some time.

I'll not lose any sleep over staff being replaced. They had a good run and failed miserably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 67
diehardmariner
August 25, 2021, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
People become the product of their environment.

Be it Dale Ladson, Ian Fleming, the groundsman....

The club was badly run in a micro-management style for 20 odd years.  It's absolutely impossible to expect anyone function, never mind shine, in that type of environment.

Is Dale Ladson the best person we could have producing online content?  Probably not.  Was he ever supported, developed, nurtured to do the job?  Also probably not.  The sad thing is that anyone who has had a dictator type leaning over them for years upon years is then faced with a real battle when a new style of management comes in.  It will have become engrained on them and the ability to think for themselves has almost disappeared.

For anyone who doubts the 'change' since the ownership has traded hands, I suggest you go into the ticket office and engage with the staff. Absolute marked difference in them between my last two visits, most recent was in July to sort season tickets with the one before that a good 15 months before.   Incredible difference.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 67
The Yard Dog
August 25, 2021, 3:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Nick Dale was a Stadium Manager who hated the very people he was paid to look after. Getting rid of him was a nice quick win for 1878 and long overdue.

You can call Flemings' move a sideways move or whatever you like but other than becoming chair, any other job you give a CEO is a demotion so it's no surprise to see him leave. As far as the day to day running of a football club goes, he's probably forgot more than Stockwood, Pettit and Cook know.

[/b]Rumours now circulating that Dale Ladson is leaving[b]. If we want to produce first class content, he's been in charge of the substandard content for a long while now and to me, he doesn't come across as having much "get up and go".

Dale has already left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 67
pizzzza
August 25, 2021, 4:00pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Alan Rutter has also posted this on Twitter: [url]https://twitter.com/alanrutter5/status/1427007259045994496?s=19[/url]

Maybe I'm doing 2+2 and getting 5?

Sounds a bit desperate from Mr Rutter. This was his last tweet, a little errr odd...

[tweet]1427003710971027460[/tweet]
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 67
jamesgtfc
August 25, 2021, 4:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,044
Gold Stars: 190
I personally hope the club swerve his offer of help and begging for employment. He was seen by fans as pro-Fenty, even going as far as defending him to the Daily Mail and fans chose not to vote him back onto the Trust board.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 67
aldi_01
August 25, 2021, 4:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I thought the old bill were having a recruitment drive, surely Mr Rutter would best be suited going back in there…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 67
gtfc98
August 25, 2021, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from pen penfras

The thing is, we've lost a lot of knowledge in Nick Dale and Ian Fleming that hasn't been replaced. They may not have been popular, but forcing them out is neither in keeping with B-corp status, nor a sensible thing to do without having a replacement in place. Maybe Ian's role is more covered, but it looks pretty obvious that the stadium manager or whatever it's being called today has been a bit of a mistake.

You've said lots of times that everybody hates working under Fenty in that office, but that doesn't seem the case when three senior people leave shortly after he's gone. It actually suggests the opposite is true.

Hopefully it's a case of a new brush sweeps clean, but I'm skeptical that losing so many key figures in such a short space of time is the best way to bring about success in such a niche industry.

Hi John!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 67
Fillipe Noche
August 25, 2021, 6:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
You had the clue some days ago 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 67
Stadium
August 25, 2021, 6:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from pen penfras

The thing is, we've lost a lot of knowledge in Nick Dale and Ian Fleming that hasn't been replaced. They may not have been popular, but forcing them out is neither in keeping with B-corp status, nor a sensible thing to do without having a replacement in place. Maybe Ian's role is more covered, but it looks pretty obvious that the stadium manager or whatever it's being called today has been a bit of a mistake.

You've said lots of times that everybody hates working under Fenty in that office, but that doesn't seem the case when three senior people leave shortly after he's gone. It actually suggests the opposite is true.

Hopefully it's a case of a new brush sweeps clean, but I'm skeptical that losing so many key figures in such a short space of time is the best way to bring about success in such a niche industry.

Quite embarrassing & frankly comical.
Please furnish the thread with positive items the stadium manager has achieved?
You seem obsessed with an existing organisation & cannot seem to accept change at all.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Fleming Gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.