7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
August 12, 2021, 12:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Really pleased if this happens, sounds promising and it means we’ve got a bit more in the midfield when it comes to technical ability.

Just a striker (9), another wide player (7) and another centre back now if this happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Abdul19
August 12, 2021, 12:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Cutting edge fish banta there

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
thefish
August 12, 2021, 12:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from mariner91
Really pleased if this happens, sounds promising and it means we’ve got a bit more in the midfield when it comes to technical ability.

Just a striker (9), another wide player (7) and another centre back now if this happens.

Just a striker needed now for me and then save a bit to react as the season goes by brining in loans mid season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
jaf243
August 12, 2021, 12:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +73
Gold Stars: 3
Basically just need a goalscoring striker and possibly one more wide man for me now.

Would take one of those two being a u23 loan - ideally the winger.

Though if we could get say Charles Vernham in, he would cover either base so that plus a u23 loan would just about sort us.

Any more noise on the potential of him coming or not - think he came on off the bench against forest the other day so would say its unlikely now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
Poojah
August 12, 2021, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from jaf243
Basically just need a goalscoring striker and possibly one more wide man for me now.

Would take one of those two being a u23 loan - ideally the winger.

Though if we could get say Charles Vernham in, he would cover either base so that plus a u23 loan would just about sort us.

Any more noise on the potential of him coming or not - think he came on off the bench against forest the other day so would say its unlikely now...

I understand why some might like to see Vernam come back, especially with the apparent lack of other options on the horizon. But banking on him as your goal scoring striker is a bit of a risk, isn’t it?

He did alright during a brief loan spell at Chorley before coming back and looking like a totally different player up until the Covid curtailment, but he’s never been remotely prolific anywhere, has he? Up until that little purple patch the major criticism seemed to be that he looked a really neat and tidy player, but had no end product.

If we’re only going to sign one more striker, I’m not sure Charles Vernam’s the right man.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
jaf243
August 12, 2021, 1:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +73
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Poojah

I understand why some might like to see Vernam come back, especially with the apparent lack of other options on the horizon. But banking on him as your goal scoring striker is a bit of a risk, isn’t it?

He did alright during a brief loan spell at Chorley before coming back and looking like a totally different player up until the Covid curtailment, but he’s never been remotely prolific anywhere, has he? Up until that little purple patch the major criticism seemed to be that he looked a really neat and tidy player, but had no end product.

If we’re only going to sign one more striker, I’m not sure Charles Vernam’s the right man.

I'd probably tend to agree, but I do think he'd score at NL level and I'd rather have him in alongside LJL/Taylor than nothing - and probably over some complete unknown that would be a complete gamble . I trust hurst to find the right man, and his judgement over my own.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 12, 2021, 1:09pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
I reckon Hurst will move for a striker about a month into the EFL season, so he can see who is being left out of first team matches and wanting to play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
bobbyturtle
August 12, 2021, 1:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Welcome Alex Hunt. Are you the new number 7?

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
mimma
August 12, 2021, 1:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Hurst is a canny operator in the transfer market, loan or permanent. He just plucks players out of thin air . He does his homework on them so knows exactly what he is getting.  

Patience folks, in Hurst we trust
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
HertsGTFC
August 12, 2021, 1:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Get him in and give him a go I'd say. It's kind of relative but I liked it when we got that Young lad from Everton.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.