Reply: 50 - 65
Croxton
July 17, 2021, 10:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Would echo all positives re Clifton, Wright, Pearson, Coke, Fox and Efete. Fox is mobile, calm under pressure and decisive. He linked well down the right with Max and Efete. McAtee is combative and worked hard. Longe King reminds one of Menayese when in possession but not tested by Clee's limited attack. Thought Scannell was busy for 20 min then faded. Grant didn't seem ready for a half let alone a full match. Can't see them being played together very often. Even before he pulled a muscle, it was clear that Taylor prefers to link in rather than play as a target man pushing back the centre half. Essel and McAtee like a ball into feet and to pick defenders pockets. If Hursty wants someone to do the hold up play against central defenders then he needs a younger version of Lenny or a sIgning PDQ. Personally I hope his next signing is a finisher not a lump. Thanks to Clee Town for managing to put a team out in the circumstances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
arryarryarry
July 17, 2021, 11:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
The whole game now on the club's youtube site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQ31DunZJY&ab_channel=OfficialGTFC
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
BeijingMariner
July 17, 2021, 11:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Mayaman

Locked down there mate?  Nightmare in Ho Chi Minh City at the mo.  Wish we could watch ifollow this season.

Yes sir, 57k new cases last Thursday, out of control! On and off its been this way since March 2020. iFollow wouls be a blessing, for sure. Look after yourself, mate
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
arryarryarry
July 17, 2021, 11:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BeijingMariner

Yes sir, 57k new cases last Thursday, out of control! On and off its been this way since March 2020. iFollow wouls be a blessing, for sure. Look after yourself, mate

Ifollow is only for EFL clubs as the clubs themselves don't film the games they are professional cameramen with broadcast cameras who film the games and send a live feed of the game to a central site who will normally send out a live feed for overseas subscribers and also send the full game back to the club and also edit the highlights.

In the National League my understanding is that clubs have to film the home games themselves then after the match footage has to be sent to a site for BT Sport and any highlights I assume will have to be edited by the clubs themselves.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 65
BenBB
July 18, 2021, 12:04am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from arryarryarry

Ifollow is only for EFL clubs as the clubs themselves don't film the games they are professional cameramen with broadcast cameras who film the games and send a live feed of the game to a central site who will normally send out a live feed for overseas subscribers and also send the full game back to the club and also edit the highlights.

In the National League my understanding is that clubs have to film the home games themselves then after the match footage has to be sent to a site for BT Sport and any highlights I assume will have to be edited by the clubs themselves.

Sooner we're out of this tinpot league again the better.

Sucks living up in Scotland and not being able to watch the games like last season and the seasons iFollow was introduced via a Euro-VPN.

At least the games we do get will be better with proper TV production; multiple camera angles, commentary that isn't BBC Radio Humberside jankily overlaid over the video feed cutting to Burnsy over the river every 20 mins (albeit I do love JT/Crofty) and pre/half/post-time shows etc on BT Sport. Quality over quantity I guess!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 65
promotion plaice
July 18, 2021, 12:28am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,083
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from arryarryarry
The whole game now on the club's youtube site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQ31DunZJY&ab_channel=OfficialGTFC

That's great and well done to all but a match highlights option would be great as well.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 65
arryarryarry
July 18, 2021, 12:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

That's great and well done to all but a match highlights option would be great as well.

Probably couldn't be arsed to edit it, as I mentioned in another post, with Ifollow all the highlights were edited by a central company, the club didn't have to do it unlike the old days before Ifollow.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
Poojah
July 18, 2021, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,886
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from promotion plaice

Yep, it’s difficult to watch an hour and a half of video, particularly from a less than ideal vantage point. But putting that to one side, what a brilliant sight it is to see a set of sunny terraces adorned with fans in black and white shirts.

I remember going to Scunny away last year with a sense of inevitably that it would be the last game I would attend for sometime, but I never imagined it might be a year and a half. Last season, frankly, is dead to me for so many reasons but I can’t fùcking wait to be back at BP.

They say you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 65
thefish
July 18, 2021, 5:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Hagrid
Who is that

It's Michael Reddy- retirement hasn't been good to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes Town match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.