7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
July 16, 2021, 4:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I understand we are only talking conference here and how fans are always the last thought of by those in charge, the prime example is the European Super League thingy, that if it was not for the fans protesting then might have happened. The chap in charge of EUFA went on record to thank the fans then basically crapped on them by leaving the champions league final in Portugal, at the end of the day those in charge are only interested in the tv companies, advertisers etc,with the actual attending supporters way down the list.
PS, I’ve read today that if EUFA had admitted that people had got into Wembley for the final last Sunday then the game would have had to be cancelled/ abandoned as there were more people in the stadium then COVID rules allow, so they denied it until Monday then threaten to fine the FA for it happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
moosey_club
July 16, 2021, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Gaffer58
I understand we are only talking conference here and how fans are always the last thought of by those in charge, the prime example is the European Super League thingy, that if it was not for the fans protesting then might have happened. The chap in charge of EUFA went on record to thank the fans then basically crapped on them by leaving the champions league final in Portugal, at the end of the day those in charge are only interested in the tv companies, advertisers etc,with the actual attending supporters way down the list.
PS, I’ve read today that if EUFA had admitted that people had got into Wembley for the final last Sunday then the game would have had to be cancelled/ abandoned as there were more people in the stadium then COVID rules allow, so they denied it until Monday then threaten to fine the FA for it happening.

If they had have cancelled it they would have been in for pelters, cancel it because of morons, making the fans who legitimately paid for it suffer and then potentially miss out if they cant make any rearranged game.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
fishcake63
July 16, 2021, 9:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from ska face
Seriously, who agreed this? Did they take 1 single second to think about the implications for fans?

No
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
GYinScuntland
July 17, 2021, 2:51am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
It's odd, I think there's a possibility that more people might have actually attended the game than would watch it on the telly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
Son of Cod
July 27, 2021, 4:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/recent-fixture-changes/

So the club did agree to this then? Really disappointing that.

The Southend explanations are non-sensical too from both clubs, unless I'm missing something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
moosey_club
July 27, 2021, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Son of Cod

The Southend explanations are non-sensical too from both clubs, unless I'm missing something?

Nice to see "in order of transparency" being used....even if that transparency is actually...........blame Paul Hurst...🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
toontown
July 27, 2021, 6:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah how can it allow more time to recover from a midweek game by playing it earlier!? I assume it's a ballsed up statement that means we will have more recovery time for a midweek game following it? Did they get fenty to write it or something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
Limerick Mariner
July 27, 2021, 11:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from moosey_club

Nice to see "in order of transparency" being used....even if that transparency is actually...........blame Paul Hurst...🤣

Interesting - so we could have refused to budge but didn't. I still don't get the extra days rest for the playing squad thing. Play games when people most want to watch if it's not on TV. I think it would have been a 7k attendance if both clubs had started the season well. Why wouldn't we have had 2k fans there -  not much further than Bradford, Bank Holiday, direct train route, first big away day after lockdown? And all the ingredients for alcohol-fuelled feck bottom. My theory is there was a quiet word behind the scenes from the Greater Manchester police that they really don't want to police it with potential COVID depleted manpower and the clubs have agreed to it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
DB
July 28, 2021, 6:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
I was once told that there are 2 reasons for not doing something.

The 1 that sounds good and looks logical, which have here.

The other is the real reason, often camouflaged by the first.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes much digging to find this one. My question to the club would be  'Why don't you want the maximum number of fans to be in the ground to cheer on the team, Monday fixture. The Tuesday night will attract some, but not the maximum?'

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
Stranger in the Park
July 28, 2021, 9:06am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -187
Gold Stars: 7
Instead of moaning and speculating on this forum, has any individual, Mariners Trust board member or even the Telegraph even approached the club with their concerns?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport Away Moved

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.