5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
July 7, 2021, 11:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
They played well. Sterling was very impressive. I never for one minute think they’d make the final. Well done to them all. Spain would have been a much more difficult game, we could possibly beat the Italians………
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
Rodley Mariner
July 7, 2021, 11:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Some proper chin stroking going on here. I don't think Italy will be quaking in their boots and neither will England. As for England being very defensive, that's now 8 goals in 3 knockout games and 20 shots tonight including 10 on target. Italy rolled about for the last 10 minutes against Belgium and people were getting the horn about their game management but Denmark barely touched the ball for the last 10 tonight and I read someone complaining we didn't finish them off. Some serious inverse snobbery about this England team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
Zmariner
July 7, 2021, 11:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from forza ivano
let's be honest, tonight was a proper 'British game' as opposed to last night which was a technically brilliant classic . england deserved their win, but Italy are hardly going to be quaking in their boots

I thought Italy were vastly inferior to Spain. Spain were brilliant and Italy fought well

. Why should we be scared . This is 50:50 whoever takes what chances they get will win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
KingstonMariner
July 7, 2021, 11:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I never thought we would get this far. By God am I happy to be wrong.

Southgate has impressed more and more. The way he conducts himself. The way he sets up the team. The substitutions (subbing the sub, everybody's’ favourite player). The respect he’s obviously got from the players. The way he’s handled the whole kneeling thing. RESPECT.

I remember when he was a young Palace player and reading comments them that he was a quiet leader and something different from the ‘typical’ footballer. They were right.

Thank you Gareth and the staff and players. Every single person in the set-up.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
jamesgtfc
July 8, 2021, 12:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
You have to play the game in front of you and Denmark were never going to be technically brilliant like Spain.

Denmark are a very good side though and gave us a very good game. Southgate has respected the opposition every step of the way and got the big calls right. Taking Grealish off tonight will have taken some guts and also man management but we are through, we scored the winner with Grealish on the pitch so he helped tip the balance in our favour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
Limerick Mariner
July 8, 2021, 12:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from TAGG
The Humble pie factory must be in overdrive at the moment.
I've got a massive pie in the face coming my way along with plenty of others for doubting the way Southgate wants England play the game.
He's proved me wrong big style.
Such a strong manager, brings a player on then takes him off for the good of the game.
Come on England

Alan Buckley started that tactic - took off uninjured sub Keith Alexander at Rochdale not that long after he’d brought him on. Whilst on he missed an absolute sitter right in front of the away end with the game still at 0-0. Thankfully we got the winner.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
TAGG
July 8, 2021, 12:11am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Alan Buckley started that tactic - took off uninjured sub Keith Alexander at Rochdale not that long after he’d brought him on. Whilst on he missed an absolute sitter right in front of the away end with the game still at 0-0. Thankfully we got the winner.

Remember that one.
AB is God

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
Azimuth
July 8, 2021, 4:16am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Southgate is very understated and so is his team, cast your minds back to the circus that surrounded what was the so called golden generation of Beckham and co.
This squad remain under the radar between games and conduct themselves much like Southgate in that they focus on the next game rather than the media coverage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
LH
July 8, 2021, 5:26am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ Sorry did I miss something fell asleep watching England, I assume they've bored Denmark into defeat

Is there a gas leak in Madeley or something?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
lukeo
July 8, 2021, 6:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ Sorry did I miss something fell asleep watching England, I assume they've bored Denmark into defeat

I tell you what I am usually bored shitless watching England but this tournament they've genuinely played brilliantly. Last night was an absolute masterclass again! Don't underestimate the Danish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Humble pie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.