4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
quebec38
July 6, 2021, 9:22am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
I get that Ryan Reynolds is a rich actor but he’s not in the same league as a lot of other rich men and women we’ve never heard of who have controlling stakes in English clubs. Their fans are deluded if they think they will walk it to anywhere near the Champions League.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Youngy
July 6, 2021, 10:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Son of Cod

I mentioned this whole thing about him being universally hated by all on Undr the Cosh on a thread on 1FF and a Colchester fan on there reckons that every Colchester player in the side that went up that he's heard talking about Parkinson absolutely loves him! So who knows?! Must be a bit of both really, the fact that Parkin hates him so much leads me to think maybe there's some kind of agenda there on his part. However, some of the stories are pretty damning. Particularly the one you've mentioned about the formation change. I'd imagine there's definitely no smoke without fire.

Would be interested to hear which other ones you've enjoyed? I'm relatively new to it having avoided it for ages because I was annoyed at the Town/Paul Linwood stuff! If you've not listened to the Mark Ward one, I couldn't recommend that more. I knew nothing about him, but it's really interesting hearing about his life in prison. I think I'll probably end up getting a copy of his book at some point. Just scrolling through seeing which others I've enjoyed and noticed there's a Simon Ramsden one. That'll be my next one for sure. Not a huge fan of him, but I enjoyed the Danny Mills one too.

The Paul Linwood interview was another podcast, not Undr The Cosh

I personally didn't enjoy the Danny Mills interview, thought he came across as a arrogant t**t. Mark Crossley is brilliant on there, so many great Clough stories. Andy Johnson (ex WBA) is hilarious, ditto Marc Bircham, Glen Little (the Stan Ternent stories are brilliant).

Danny Collins is on the Pateron version. Doesn't say an awful lot about his time in but made a point of saying how good our support was (especially away from home) and Parky even says about how many we bought to FGR on a Friday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
louth_in_the_south
July 6, 2021, 10:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
I like UTC but find it really hard to listen to when I’m driving as they seem to struggle to get the sound / mics set up correctly which means you hear some people talking clearly and other people like they’re sat on the other side of the room.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
bedders78
July 6, 2021, 11:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Someone actually thinks Wrexham will end up in the champions league, the mind boggles!

If they quit English football, join the Cymru Premier and win it, then they'd be in the first qualifying round of the Champions League, so not too outlandish...

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Son of Cod
July 6, 2021, 4:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I've got a lot to catch up on but the Martin Allen one is great. It's a 2 parter. Runaway did one which I listened to way back when Jolley was our manager. I listened to Danny Mills the other week and that was a good insight into the England set up but listen to Simon Ramsden because that is an absolute belter. I didn't realise how much of a hardcore Sunderland fan he is and how much he hates Newcastle. I won't say any more than that!

The Clarke Carlisle one is deep but brilliant. I made my missus listen to the Lenny Pidgeley one because it just summed up how I feel and act when depression kicks in.

Carlton Palmer is well worth a listen and so is Aaron Wilbraham too, although he does think the sun shines out of Runaways back side.

Ah nice, will listen to all those cheers. Listened to the Ramsden one, was indeed a belter. He seems sounds, I always liked him as a player. Interesting that he attributes a change in formation to his lack of game time. I can't remember us switching formations in 04/05, but it must have been then as we were 4-4-2 all season in 05/06 as far as I can remember. Surely the fact that we had Macca at RB was the main reason he wasn't starting all the time? That story about Michael Reddy was pretty amusing too.

Quoted from Youngy

The Paul Linwood interview was another podcast, not Undr The Cosh

I personally didn't enjoy the Danny Mills interview, thought he came across as a arrogant t**t. Mark Crossley is brilliant on there, so many great Clough stories. Andy Johnson (ex WBA) is hilarious, ditto Marc Bircham, Glen Little (the Stan Ternent stories are brilliant).

Danny Collins is on the Pateron version. Doesn't say an awful lot about his time in but made a point of saying how good our support was (especially away from home) and Parky even says about how many we bought to FGR on a Friday night.

Ah yeah, you're right. It was I Had Trials Once or whatever it's called wasn't it? Yep listened to the Mark Crossley one, that's quality that one you're right. His Clough impression is fantastic.

Will probably get the Patreon when I've exhausted the free ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
jamesgtfc
July 6, 2021, 4:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod

Ah nice, will listen to all those cheers. Listened to the Ramsden one, was indeed a belter. He seems sounds, I always liked him as a player. Interesting that he attributes a change in formation to his lack of game time. I can't remember us switching formations in 04/05, but it must have been then as we were 4-4-2 all season in 05/06 as far as I can remember. Surely the fact that we had Macca at RB was the main reason he wasn't starting all the time? That story about Michael Reddy was pretty amusing too.

Slade arrived in 2004 and built a team to play 3-4-3. We played well but didn't score and Slade gave in to crowd pressure and changed to 4-4-2 after a few games.

Jason Crowe was the right wing back in that system so Ramsden will have been the ball playing defender alongside Rob Jones and Justin Whittle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Tommy
July 6, 2021, 4:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,868
Gold Stars: 76
Slade played 343 generally for all of his first season (04/05).

Seem to think he changed it when we went away to Derby in the cup near the start of the 05/06 season. This paired G.Jones and Reddy up front as a partnership and the 442 stuck from then on. (Obviously G.Jones scored the winner in that Derby game).

Ramsden was used as the ball playing central defender/sweeper in the middle of the back 3 in the 343. But was pretty much only used as a right back (but wasn't first choice) in the 442 season.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Les Brechin
July 6, 2021, 5:08pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Tommy
Slade played 343 generally for all of his first season (04/05).

Seem to think he changed it when we went away to Derby in the cup near the start of the 05/06 season. This paired G.Jones and Reddy up front as a partnership and the 442 stuck from then on. (Obviously G.Jones scored the winner in that Derby game).

Ramsden was used as the ball playing central defender/sweeper in the middle of the back 3 in the 343. But was pretty much only used as a right back (but wasn't first choice) in the 442 season.

I didn't think we used THAT many players.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Parkinson appointed as Wrexham manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.