brigg_mariner
May 20, 2021, 12:01pm

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
It is becoming increasingly likely that Sutton United F.C will be one of the teams replacing us in League Two next season, fair play to them, does anyone know if they are financially backed by someone or have they earnt their top spot?

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mikey_345
May 20, 2021, 12:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from brigg_mariner
It is becoming increasingly likely that Sutton United F.C will be one of the teams replacing us in League Two next season, fair play to them, does anyone know if they are financially backed by someone or have they earnt their top spot?

Live in Sutton, about 10 minutes from their ground. Definitely earned and not bought, they've had some investment but nothing too significant as far as I've seen.

They do have fan representation on the board though, which is a positive thing in this day and age.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
Maringer
May 20, 2021, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,681
Gold Stars: 189
There's a guy we work with who is a massive Sutton fan - he travelled up to Scotland and across to Ireland (I seem to think) when they were a guest team in the Scottish Challenge Cup the other year. He would be disappointed to miss out on a trip to Blundell Park next season, that's for sure, as he goes to most of the away games.

Funnily enough, he told me the other month that the team isn't anything special - they were just finding a way to get the results. Doing pretty well at it if the table is anything to go by! It would be good for a team not bankrolled as so many are these days to win promotion, though I don't know how this will affect our chances next season if the other 'bankrolled' clubs are still down there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2021, 2:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Have they gotten rid of the ‘plastic’ pitch already or can they do that in the Summer?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
golfer
May 20, 2021, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I think we will be more "bankrolled" than we have been in the past
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
Youngy
May 20, 2021, 2:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Have they gotten rid of the ‘plastic’ pitch already or can they do that in the Summer?

Yes I saw their chairman interviewed about it. He isn't happy that the EFL won't accept plastic pitches and said it could cost up to 500k.

They might have to do what Harrogate did and start the season playing at another ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
NorthseaMariner
May 20, 2021, 2:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
My mate, a Chesterfield fan thought they had the advantage with all home games due to their artificial pitch, high bounces etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2021, 2:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Youngy

Yes I saw their chairman interviewed about it. He isn't happy that the EFL won't accept plastic pitches and said it could cost up to 500k.

They might have to do what Harrogate did and start the season playing at another ground.

Cheers Youngy.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
Abdul19
May 20, 2021, 3:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
My mate, a Chesterfield fan thought they had the advantage with all home games due to their artificial pitch, high bounces etc.

To be fair their away record's nearly as good as their home one.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
Mikey_345
May 20, 2021, 4:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Still there. They have plans to replace in the summer if they go up - as they likely are.

Bittersweet for me, one hand I’m happy for them as they are a good community club and deserve it more than some, but having an away game five minutes from my door will be missed!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sutton United F.C

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.