Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Town appeal against relegation
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 256 Guests

Grimsby Town appeal against relegation

This thread currently has 29,800 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Teestogreen
May 13, 2021, 7:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
If GTFC should actually win the appeal ( alleged to be heard on 10th June) - will that mess up Paul Hurst recruiting plans for next season - ie targeting players for the National League campaign - then having to target players for League 2 and finding most of players suitable for this league have already been tapped up and made their decision to join other clubs.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 171
Teestogreen
May 13, 2021, 9:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Any body know?
Thought not.
Have a nice summer everyone.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 171
Heswall Mariner
May 13, 2021, 10:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Frankly my dears I can't be arsed &  look forward to a season of success in what is effectively division 5.of the pyramid thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 171
bobbyturtle
May 13, 2021, 10:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
didn't Grimsby get relegated at a vote because it would cost more for a teams from the north west to come across on the train than stay local?

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 171
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2021, 11:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bobbyturtle
didn't Grimsby get relegated at a vote because it would cost more for a teams from the north west to come across on the train than stay local?

Yes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 171
EY Mariner
May 13, 2021, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As we aren’t voting, it’s worth knowing what others are thinking!

Two key questions for me. What exactly is being proposed and does Cowling's view reflect a wider attitude among Football League, and particularly League Two, chairmen? I think he's quite right to say that he would have been seen as self-serving if he'd made these remarks a few weeks ago. What I don't understand is why he thinks deducting points from teams at the bottom of the National League is justified.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 171
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2021, 11:36pm
Meths Drinker
He was saying if the sides at the bottom knew they would have points deducted next season, they would have had something to play got this season despite there being no relegation.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 171
EY Mariner
May 13, 2021, 11:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Points deductions imply the clubs on the receiving end have broken the rules in some way. Taking Dover out of the equation, given their case is pending, I don't see what rules the clubs in what would have been the National League's relegation places have broken. So I don't see the justification for it. It's not the National League clubs' fault that the North and South voted for null and void.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 171
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2021, 12:38am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from EY Mariner
Points deductions imply the clubs on the receiving end have broken the rules in some way. Taking Dover out of the equation, given their case is pending, I don't see what rules the clubs in what would have been the National League's relegation places have broken. So I don't see the justification for it. It's not the National League clubs' fault that the North and South voted for null and void.

It wasn’t suggested as a punishment. What he was saying is that when the NL voted to end relegation this season, they should have retained some jeopardy for the teams who otherwise would’ve been at risk of going down, to make sure that all teams continued to be competitive.

Listen to it again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 171
pontoonlew
May 14, 2021, 7:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Teestogreen
If GTFC should actually win the appeal ( alleged to be heard on 10th June) - will that mess up Paul Hurst recruiting plans for next season - ie targeting players for the National League campaign - then having to target players for League 2 and finding most of players suitable for this league have already been tapped up and made their decision to join other clubs.

I wouldn’t worry about that too much, Hurst is renowned for taking his time with signings and I feel a lot of our options will all be hoping for a football league club to come in for them. I’d be very surprised if we signed anybody before June 10th
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 171
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Town appeal against relegation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.