April 29, 2021, 12:31am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
https://twitter.com/mattdeanbbc/status/1387410582480035841?s=19

Ouch! The truth hurts.

I wonder if John Macca fancies a backroom position. I bet he would make a good coach
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2021, 12:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I love the fact he’s angry. When you work somewhere for a long time and care about what you do, you hate it when someone fucksit up. Fucksup years of hard work that you and your teammates have striven to achieve.

People like Fenty will never get it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
Iknowyoursecret
April 29, 2021, 2:02am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Great interview Macca,a true legend.Speaking about HIM,you can see the hurt it’s causing to the ex players so what the hell is it doing to our current players.Since hurst came in the players  had some fight in them.But it was just not enough.But in the end the last six years were for nothing.Shame on you both boards and shame on you HIM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
lukeo
April 29, 2021, 4:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
If you read maccas book you'll know how much this person he's talking about screwed him over as a player when offering him a contract.
Well said Macca.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
aldi_01
April 29, 2021, 5:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s no secret that Macca despises Fenty, and rightly so. That’s what has always baffle me. Club hero, not a fan that doesn’t think so yet they weren’t up in arms about his treatment from Fenty. Bizarre.

I hope more this starts happening and ex players and the like start telling a few more stories and the like. Will the few remaining supporters of Fenty still bury their heads?

I appreciate that on occasion Fenty followers simply claim they’re offering up a pragmatic view, providing some balance but in reality that’s a waste of time. It’s worthless because there are no positives. Fenty even copulated the promotion up.

It’s been one giant mitigating disaster and the whole May debacle proved exactly what he is...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2021, 6:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,064
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from aldi_01
It’s no secret that Macca despises Fenty, and rightly so. That’s what has always baffle me. Club hero, not a fan that doesn’t think so yet they weren’t up in arms about his treatment from Fenty. Bizarre.

I hope more this starts happening and ex players and the like start telling a few more stories and the like. Will the few remaining supporters of Fenty still bury their heads?

I appreciate that on occasion Fenty followers simply claim they’re offering up a pragmatic view, providing some balance but in reality that’s a waste of time. It’s worthless because there are no positives. Fenty even copulated the promotion up.

It’s been one giant mitigating disaster and the whole May debacle proved exactly what he is...

Fenty followers ..... I’d say up to very recently that was a high percentage of the fishy and even now plenty of red x supporting him beggars belief after nearly 2 decades of shite and it hasn’t cost him a penny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
aldi_01
April 29, 2021, 8:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Fenty followers ..... I’d say up to very recently that was a high percentage of the fishy and even now plenty of red x supporting him beggars belief after nearly 2 decades of shite and it hasn’t cost him a penny

Agreed...some of the folk that sit around me at BP literally couldn’t see he’d  done anything wrong, ever.

I’m still yet to find a Fenty follower that can provide a substantial answer as to why he isn’t that bad and why he’s not regarded an absolute disaster by them. Simpym trotting out the ‘it could be worse, we could be bury’ excuse is just futile and irrelevant...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Theimperialcoroner
April 29, 2021, 8:51am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Up to a couple of years ago I wasn’t that opinionated either way about JSF, could see good and bad. However after certain indirect dealings I’ve had and other stuff that has come out, I now know quite how poisonous he is. The more you look the more you see too. The weight that will be lifted from the club when he goes will be immense.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2021, 9:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,064
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from aldi_01

Agreed...some of the folk that sit around me at BP literally couldn’t see he’d  done anything wrong, ever.

I’m still yet to find a Fenty follower that can provide a substantial answer as to why he isn’t that bad and why he’s not regarded an absolute disaster by them. Simpym trotting out the ‘it could be worse, we could be bury’ excuse is just futile and irrelevant...

The acceptance of shite became the normal for many
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
diehardmariner
April 29, 2021, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
It's damning of his reign when people are literally queuing up to take shots at him at the minute.

People still technically employed by him are taking swipes and digs, understandably they couldn't do this before.  But there isn't a single respected word coming out that puts him in a decent light.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
aldi_01
April 29, 2021, 10:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
It's damning of his reign when people are literally queuing up to take shots at him at the minute.

People still technically employed by him are taking swipes and digs, understandably they couldn't do this before.  But there isn't a single respected word coming out that puts him in a decent light.

I’ve met plenty of non town fans who are queueing up too...I work with a woman who’s old man worked very closely to Fenty...she hates him almost as much as me and she thinks we’re called Grimsby Rovers...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 29, 2021, 10:59am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
The weight that will be lifted from the club when he goes will be immense.

THIS.........in bucket loads
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 29, 2021, 11:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from aldi_01

You have to remember people were not exactly queueing up to buy the club then. Everyone had seen the Parker fiasco and were fighting shy. In fact it was only when a takeover became linked to other possibilities of redevelopment that things began to move and those who were in the status quo camp started to believe that what you’re proposing was actually possible even if it still meant down, down.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
lew chaterleys lover
April 29, 2021, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,789
Gold Stars: 237

When the takeover goes through there will be stories coming out of BP that will make your eyes water. It will be a mixture of disbelief and incredulous laughter and although it will be great to look towards a better future, I think it is important for people to vent their spleen for a few days and settle some scores.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 29, 2021, 12:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,321
Gold Stars: 309

When the takeover goes through there will be stories coming out of BP that will make your eyes water. It will be a mixture of disbelief and incredulous laughter and although it will be great to look towards a better future, I think it is important for people to vent their spleen for a few days and settle some scores.

I was thinking about Matt Dean's tweet and I know it was designed to be an example of how low we had gone....but we were asking professional footballers to train with balls that were knackered! The penny pinching and small mindedness had got to such a point that we weren't providing the players with the most basic tool of their jobs. It's absolutely f*cking disgraceful.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
lukeo
April 29, 2021, 12:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Up to a couple of years ago I wasn’t that opinionated either way about JSF, could see good and bad. However after certain indirect dealings I’ve had and other stuff that has come out, I now know quite how poisonous he is. The more you look the more you see too. The weight that will be lifted from the club when he goes will be immense.

Literally my feelings. I didn't dig deap until the last few months and never reallly had much for or against him. Now I know and see more, although I'm not a 'basher' or keyboard warrior, he has to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
RichMariner
April 29, 2021, 12:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,163
Gold Stars: 212
This is exactly the type of reaction you get from people freed of a dictatorship.

When someone who is simply incompetent leaves a post, the swiping tends to stop. Let bygones be bygones. We move on.

When a dictator is finally overthrown, people queue up to have a pop in among street celebrations.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
SheepGTFC
April 29, 2021, 1:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 6
Still sick to death of Fenty blaming our demise on the ITV Digital collapse like no other club also went through the same excrement. There has been 1 consistency throughout all of this excrement we've been through and it's Fenty. Can't wait for him to just pack up and get lost. Town won't miss you whatsoever Tory brown-nosed male masturbator.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2021, 4:05pm
Meths Drinker

The whole lot should come out. Reveal what has been dragging us down all these years. Only then can we make a proper balanced assessment of his tenure. It’s hard to accept the good points, and give any credit due when people can’t see the bad.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
jamesgtfc
April 29, 2021, 5:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190

I was thinking about Matt Dean's tweet and I know it was designed to be an example of how low we had gone....but we were asking professional footballers to train with balls that were knackered! The penny pinching and small mindedness had got to such a point that we weren't providing the players with the most basic tool of their jobs. It's absolutely f*cking disgraceful.

The players were training with misshapen balls whilst their manager told anyone who would listen that we were the best run club he had ever been at.

Makes me wonder what shape the balls were at some of his other employers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
RonMariner
April 29, 2021, 6:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Just counting the days now until the sodomist has drunk off. He has done so much damage to our club.

I know that not many of you on here are Marxists, but as Groucho said, 'You have darkened our towels for far too long, go. In the name of god, go.'

Or something like that. Anyway you get my point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2021, 6:37pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
Just counting the days now until the sodomist has drunk off. He has done so much damage to our club.

I know that not many of you on here are Marxists, but as Groucho said, 'You have darkened our towels for far too long, go. In the name of god, go.'

Or something like that. Anyway you get my point.

His cousin Karl writing about the two Napoleons said (more or less):
“History repeats itself. The first time as tragedy. The second as farce.”

Well John Fenty, Emperor of the Fish, you have managed to do both.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
NorthLondonMariner
April 29, 2021, 8:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

The acceptance of shite became the normal for many

Its sad to think that for all of our younger fans it's not even the acceptance of being shite. Us being shite is all they have ever known.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
moosey_club
April 29, 2021, 8:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229

But he has had "many phone calls and e-mails of support" hasnt he ?  according to that relatively recent interview from him or Day....they still believe its a small vocal minority who are opposed to him or maybe even just the Fishy 5  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
DB
April 29, 2021, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from moosey_club

But he has had "many phone calls and e-mails of support" hasnt he ?  according to that relatively recent interview from him or Day....they still believe its a small vocal minority who are opposed to him or maybe even just the Fishy 5  

It's Fillipe Noche on speed dial!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
aldi_01
April 29, 2021, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Thing is, people believed that balderdash too. More unsubstantiated claims by Fenty and his sycophants that folk swallowed up...it’s mind boggling.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
pen penfras
April 30, 2021, 8:57am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71

Do you genuinely believe that Fenty is micromanaging every detail at the club down to what balls we use? It's absurd. If the balls were in bad condition, then the manager should ask for new ones. I'm not doubting that we needed new balls, but I get the impression that Hurst is making all of his complaints in public to deflect blame from himself rather than actually asking for the situations to be rectified with the club.

The fact that the training pitch is being worked on a few days after he complains about it doesn't suggest that he's taken that up behind the scenes, he's said it in public to deflect from the fact that he copulated up the first 3 months of his tenure.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
April 30, 2021, 8:59am
Guest User
Quoted from pen penfras

Do you genuinely believe that Fenty is micromanaging every detail at the club down to what balls we use? It's absurd. If the balls were in bad condition, then the manager should ask for new ones. I'm not doubting that we needed new balls, but I get the impression that Hurst is making all of his complaints in public to deflect blame from himself rather than actually asking for the situations to be rectified with the club.

The fact that the training pitch is being worked on a few days after he complains about it doesn't suggest that he's taken that up behind the scenes, he's said it in public to deflect from the fact that he copulated up the first 3 months of his tenure.

Grow up.

Reply: 27 - 40
ska face
April 30, 2021, 9:00am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Hurst hasn’t said it publicly.

Are you following that cúnt out the door? I hope so.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
mariner83
April 30, 2021, 9:04am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from pen penfras

If the balls were in bad condition, then the manager should ask for new ones.

I believe he asked for £200, which JS ended up giving.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
pen penfras
April 30, 2021, 10:07am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 123614

Grow up.

I think it's some of you that need to grow up. A man that's a councillor, has multiple business interests and you think he's running the day to day workings of the club like what balls we use. It's comical to think that people actually believe that. Hurst is a snidey little girl private that blames everybody and everything else for his failures. It was the same at Ipswich and Scunthorpe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
Grantley
April 30, 2021, 10:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from pen penfras

I think it's some of you that need to grow up. A man that's a councillor, has multiple business interests and you think he's running the day to day workings of the club like what balls we use. It's comical to think that people actually believe that. Hurst is a snidey little girl private that blames everybody and everything else for his failures. It was the same at Ipswich and Scunthorpe.

Maybe he should just focus doing one of them then because he’s clearly shít at everything.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
DB
April 30, 2021, 7:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

He doesn't do this. There is more than likely verbal guidelines along the following theme:-

Whatever you want you can have but it has to be free, and the person giving it has to make a donation.
If it's not free then we don't need it unless it is adversely going to affect the balance sheet.
There will be other options for you to use without spending cash, but your request will be considered along with others.

I am very busy and look at requests as often as I can; as I have the interest, I don't get, of the club falling heavily upon my loans. Once I am able to recover some interest for my loans then I will look at your request.

Of course, you could say this is all made up. The truth about dictators always comes out in the end.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
DB
April 30, 2021, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

As of 6th May ex-councillor and ex-owner of GTFC.

He will then have the time to run his multiple business empires and not have worry his balls off about providing new balls, will he.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
toontown
April 30, 2021, 10:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from pen penfras

Well he has time to put in light bulbs and fix guttering and control the heating himself- why on earth would demanding he sign off on the cost of professional quality footballs (which are very expensive) be any different?

The man is an incompetent dictatorial buffoon, we all know this now, there's nobody left to fool. Trying to claim that fenty scarcely involves himself with gtfc due to his amazing business and political empire isn't going to wash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
April 30, 2021, 11:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from pen penfras

Strange that he would fix floodlights himself then, surely there were important council or business things that he could have been doing yet he had time to get up there and change the bulbs himself.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
jamesgtfc
April 30, 2021, 11:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

He was the fall guy at Ipswich for their planned budget cuts and Peter Swann is as bad as your mate or brother John.

As you are so in the know, who is the budget holder that signs off the purchase of footballs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
mariner91
May 1, 2021, 7:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from pen penfras

Yes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
mariner91
May 1, 2021, 7:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from pen penfras

Seems to have rather hit a nerve for someone who has consistently claimed they have no personal connection to Fenty.

Give us one positive from Fenty’s reign. And don’t say we exist because frankly for a lot of the last 17 years existence has been torture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
aldi_01
May 1, 2021, 10:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

It’s ok, after next week John won’t be your employer anymore, you’ll be able to crawl out of his bottom by next Friday...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
aldi_01
May 1, 2021, 10:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Seems to have rather hit a nerve for someone who has consistently claimed they have no personal connection to Fenty.

Give us one positive from Fenty’s reign. And don’t say we exist because frankly for a lot of the last 17 years existence has been torture.

There isn’t a positive...they trot out the ‘we exist’ thing like that’s ok. Much like supporting a wage cap, bring everyone down to our level rather than aspire to be greater than you already are...such a backwards mentality. A bit like saying Shipman was a good doctor once...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Macca has his say

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.