aldi_01
April 29, 2021, 10:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from diehardmariner
It's damning of his reign when people are literally queuing up to take shots at him at the minute.

People still technically employed by him are taking swipes and digs, understandably they couldn't do this before.  But there isn't a single respected word coming out that puts him in a decent light.

I’ve met plenty of non town fans who are queueing up too...I work with a woman who’s old man worked very closely to Fenty...she hates him almost as much as me and she thinks we’re called Grimsby Rovers...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 29, 2021, 10:59am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
The weight that will be lifted from the club when he goes will be immense.

THIS.........in bucket loads
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 29, 2021, 11:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from aldi_01

Agreed...some of the folk that sit around me at BP literally couldn’t see he’d  done anything wrong, ever.

I’m still yet to find a Fenty follower that can provide a substantial answer as to why he isn’t that bad and why he’s not regarded an absolute disaster by them. Simpym trotting out the ‘it could be worse, we could be bury’ excuse is just futile and irrelevant...

You have to remember people were not exactly queueing up to buy the club then. Everyone had seen the Parker fiasco and were fighting shy. In fact it was only when a takeover became linked to other possibilities of redevelopment that things began to move and those who were in the status quo camp started to believe that what you’re proposing was actually possible even if it still meant down, down.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
lew chaterleys lover
April 29, 2021, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from diehardmariner
It's damning of his reign when people are literally queuing up to take shots at him at the minute.

People still technically employed by him are taking swipes and digs, understandably they couldn't do this before.  But there isn't a single respected word coming out that puts him in a decent light.

When the takeover goes through there will be stories coming out of BP that will make your eyes water. It will be a mixture of disbelief and incredulous laughter and although it will be great to look towards a better future, I think it is important for people to vent their spleen for a few days and settle some scores.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 29, 2021, 12:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309

When the takeover goes through there will be stories coming out of BP that will make your eyes water. It will be a mixture of disbelief and incredulous laughter and although it will be great to look towards a better future, I think it is important for people to vent their spleen for a few days and settle some scores.

I was thinking about Matt Dean's tweet and I know it was designed to be an example of how low we had gone....but we were asking professional footballers to train with balls that were knackered! The penny pinching and small mindedness had got to such a point that we weren't providing the players with the most basic tool of their jobs. It's absolutely f*cking disgraceful.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
lukeo
April 29, 2021, 12:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Up to a couple of years ago I wasn’t that opinionated either way about JSF, could see good and bad. However after certain indirect dealings I’ve had and other stuff that has come out, I now know quite how poisonous he is. The more you look the more you see too. The weight that will be lifted from the club when he goes will be immense.

Literally my feelings. I didn't dig deap until the last few months and never reallly had much for or against him. Now I know and see more, although I'm not a 'basher' or keyboard warrior, he has to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
RichMariner
April 29, 2021, 12:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
This is exactly the type of reaction you get from people freed of a dictatorship.

When someone who is simply incompetent leaves a post, the swiping tends to stop. Let bygones be bygones. We move on.

When a dictator is finally overthrown, people queue up to have a pop in among street celebrations.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
SheepGTFC
April 29, 2021, 1:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 6
Still sick to death of Fenty blaming our demise on the ITV Digital collapse like no other club also went through the same excrement. There has been 1 consistency throughout all of this excrement we've been through and it's Fenty. Can't wait for him to just pack up and get lost. Town won't miss you whatsoever Tory brown-nosed male masturbator.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2021, 4:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

The whole lot should come out. Reveal what has been dragging us down all these years. Only then can we make a proper balanced assessment of his tenure. It’s hard to accept the good points, and give any credit due when people can’t see the bad.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
jamesgtfc
April 29, 2021, 5:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190

I was thinking about Matt Dean's tweet and I know it was designed to be an example of how low we had gone....but we were asking professional footballers to train with balls that were knackered! The penny pinching and small mindedness had got to such a point that we weren't providing the players with the most basic tool of their jobs. It's absolutely f*cking disgraceful.

The players were training with misshapen balls whilst their manager told anyone who would listen that we were the best run club he had ever been at.

Makes me wonder what shape the balls were at some of his other employers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Macca has his say

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.