3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
April 28, 2021, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,728
Gold Stars: 44
He turned us around from our lowest ever ebb before and I feel more confident in him than anyone else to do it again and at least have us in the mix for the playoffs next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Northbank Mariner
April 28, 2021, 9:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Hurst managed to get a team/club on its ar£e at Xmas and gave us all hope with 3 games to go. Would Holloway of done that with the sh!tshow he assembled?..nope, we'd have been gone by February.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Teestogreen
April 28, 2021, 9:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
PH for me 🤙
He identified a team with existing players, LJL, Matete and Menehuse and Habergham - then got them reasonably fit in 2 or 3 weeks and welded them in to an effective football unit.
I think that is impressive.
Give him some more resources - he deserves it.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
ginnywings
April 28, 2021, 9:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
We can discuss him forever and a day, but he will start the season as manager whatever we say or think.

Like every other manager, he will stand or fall on his results, but I think people underestimate the size of the task and how far behind where we should be.

Other clubs, many of them with less fans and potential, have left us behind in their wake.

It's not just the team that needs rebuilding, it's the entire club and infrastructure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Teestogreen
April 28, 2021, 9:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
PH for me 🤙
He identified a team with existing players, LJL, Matete and Meneyese and Habergham - then got them reasonably fit in 2 or 3 weeks and welded them in to an effective football unit.
I think that is impressive.
Give him some more resources - he deserves it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Teestogreen
April 28, 2021, 9:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
We can discuss him forever and a day, but he will start the season as manager whatever we say or think.

Like every other manager, he will stand or fall on his results, but I think people underestimate the size of the task and how far behind where we should be.

Other clubs, many of them with less fans and potential, have left us behind in their wake.

It's not just the team that needs rebuilding, it's the entire club and infrastructure.

Agreed - but this thread is about Hurst 100%.
After that - it’s about the club management getting its house in order to back him up imo
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
MarinerWY
April 28, 2021, 9:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from psgmariner

We need to judge mangers on results not interviews. See previous managers for further details.

I get the feeling you simply dont like Hurst, and nothing he could do will change it. He was always marmite, but many who were on the dislike side have given him some credit for turning us into a competing team with the mess he inherited.

Who would you have instead, who would realistically come to National League Grimsby Town?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
GrimRob
April 28, 2021, 10:24pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
We're in a much better place now than when we last went down and PH joined midway through the first season. There should be a much wider pool of players to select from than the limited amount he could do in January and I'm sure he'll amass a competitive squad. That first year in non-league was a write-off, but I don't think next season will be. Just hope we won't be distracted by the FA Trophy!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 22
arryarryarry
April 28, 2021, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Hurst managed to get a team/club on its ar£e at Xmas and gave us all hope with 3 games to go. Would Holloway of done that with the sh!tshow he assembled?..nope, we'd have been gone by February.

Erm.....PH still hasn't yet managed Holloway's points per game total.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
arryarryarry
April 28, 2021, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from MarinerWY

I get the feeling you simply dont like Hurst, and nothing he could do will change it. He was always marmite, but many who were on the dislike side have given him some credit for turning us into a competing team with the mess he inherited.

Who would you have instead, who would realistically come to National League Grimsby Town?

Same old bull excrement question, We never got to know who would have come or will come now as PH was given the job virtually straight away and will be in charge next season.

Could anyone have come in and made it worse?  We are frigging relegated.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst should 100% stay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.