4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
April 27, 2021, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Nearly had me going as well, but he’s actually wrong - I don’t think he needs to look at himself. He’s a consummate pro - he’s made errors, lost some confidence, but knuckled down and when he gets back in the team he wins games for us. It would be joyous for him to be part of the squad that gets us back where we belong...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
dapperz fun pub
April 27, 2021, 10:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,055
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Nearly had me going as well, but he’s actually wrong - I don’t think he needs to look at himself. He’s a consummate pro - he’s made errors, lost some confidence, but knuckled down and when he gets back in the team he wins games for us. It would be joyous for him to be part of the squad that gets us back where we belong...

Great lad good pro really like him but I want better , incoming red x  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
EY Mariner
April 27, 2021, 10:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
I would like certain individuals to be sat down and made to listen to that interview. Then, and only then, might they understand just what they have done.

I'm sure many of you were at Burton in 2010, as I was. My overwhelming emotions that day were of sadness. Tonight is different. Tonight I feel nothing but anger.

I'm not angry about tonight, because I'd been expecting this moment for weeks. I'm angry about five wasted years since we regained league status. Five years of treading water, as if we'd learnt nothing from our previous experience. And now we have to do it all over again.

Next week's meeting at least offers the possibility of brighter days to come. But we must never, EVER forget why we are where we are tonight. I won't forget and I won't forgive those who are to blame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Belfast Town
April 27, 2021, 10:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,700
Gold Stars: 19
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
Withnail
April 27, 2021, 11:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Chin up Macca. You had a shaky first half of the season - no doubt as a result of your confidence being trashed by Holloway encouraging our defenders to play tiki taka football like we're the Barca of Iniesta, Xavi et al... But you more than redeemed yourself in recent games with some fantastic saves. And no one can deny your passion and love for this club and understanding of what it means to us, the fans.

I for one, would like to see you here next season, even if it's as back up keeper, or gk coach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
GG
April 28, 2021, 12:19am
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Thanks Sigone. Nearly had me in tears.
I had a lump in my throat. He's clearly devastated, as are the rest of us. I hope PH gives him the opportunity to make amends next season. Yes he's had a few wobbles and make mistakes but there's no denying he's been a great servant to the Mariners for a decade and long may it continue.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 35
Mayaman
April 28, 2021, 12:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Mariner93er
I can at least take solace in the fact we had a group of players who really cared at the end - just a shame we didn’t have them all season. Coke’s reaction was what got me and then this interview.

How did coke react?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
Mayaman
April 28, 2021, 1:07am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Looked like Macca was fouled for their second goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
April 28, 2021, 8:18am
Guest User
Quoted from Mayaman
Looked like Macca was fouled for their second goal.

He should not of palmed the ball over the bar in the first place to give them a sloppy corner.  That was a ball a Sunday League keeper would have caught in his hands.

Reply: 18 - 35
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 28, 2021, 9:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,320
Gold Stars: 309
I think you're being very harsh. The marking for the second and third goals was appalling, no player in that kind of position should get a shot or a header away with no challenge at all. Even if you're not going to get the ball you've got to play the man to try and put him off.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.