Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The End of National League.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 247 Guests

The End of National League.

This thread currently has 4,033 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
April 25, 2021, 9:22am
Guest User
Quoted from GollyGTFC
The National League Premier won’t be incorporated into the EFL unless the Championship break away and can’t see that happening in the short to medium term.

The current EFL tv deals run to 2024. Don’t be surprised if there isn’t a 1 year extension of that deal agreed at some point so that the EFL tv deal will expire at the same time as the Premier League’s 2022-25 deal that is about to go out to tender.

The reason being the PL might well cut out the middle man and abandon Sky & BT as broadcast partners at that point and set up their own Netflix/Prime type service. The EFL would then be able to sell some or all of their own rights to the Premier League to be included in their domestic service.

Sensible counter points, well thought out.
I'm not actually suggesting a similar closed shop as the  ESL is ,as some have suggested.
A letter that was sent to National League Clubs.
"While it is not the perfect solution, we feel that [calling the EGM] to have a debate on the management of the NL Board is a necessary first step along the road to better governance at our levels of the pyramid structure.

As a result of these and other failings we believe matters have gone too far and the decision-makers must be held to account. We wish to call an EGM urgently and submit a single resolution: The meeting has no confidence in the Chairman and the Board.

If the motion is passed it will oblige resignations and new elections will have to be held. A new era of governance will be possible and clubs’ voices will be heard… It will not be the end of reform but the beginning."
I personally think the feeder league to the EFL deserves better.
I'm all for promotion and relagation, I'd still dream Town could make it through to the top division.
I remember when relagation to Non League was voted on, we made it Bradford Park Avenue didn't in the year they beat us 4-1 in the FA Cup.

Reply: 10 - 13
DB
April 25, 2021, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 140067

Sensible counter points, well thought out.
I'm not actually suggesting a similar closed shop as the  ESL is ,as some have suggested.
A letter that was sent to National League Clubs.
"While it is not the perfect solution, we feel that [calling the EGM] to have a debate on the management of the NL Board is a necessary first step along the road to better governance at our levels of the pyramid structure.

As a result of these and other failings we believe matters have gone too far and the decision-makers must be held to account. We wish to call an EGM urgently and submit a single resolution: The meeting has no confidence in the Chairman and the Board.

If the motion is passed it will oblige resignations and new elections will have to be held. A new era of governance will be possible and clubs’ voices will be heard… It will not be the end of reform but the beginning."
I personally think the feeder league to the EFL deserves better.
I'm all for promotion and relagation, I'd still dream Town could make it through to the top division.
I remember when relagation to Non League was voted on, we made it Bradford Park Avenue didn't in the year they beat us 4-1 in the FA Cup.

You make references to "We". Who are/is We.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
April 25, 2021, 3:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from DB

You make references to "We". Who are/is We.

Sorry , this is a quote from clubs in the National League Maidstone and Doking are the original we.
https://thefsa.org.uk/news/clubs-call-for-vote-of-no-confidence-in-national-league-board/
Reply: 12 - 13
DB
April 25, 2021, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 140067

Sorry , this is a quote from clubs in the National League Maidstone and Doking are the original we.
https://thefsa.org.uk/news/clubs-call-for-vote-of-no-confidence-in-national-league-board/

Thank you for clearing that up for me, I was confused as it read that you were either involved or a 'FN'. Of course, you are neither.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The End of National League.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.