6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
April 11, 2021, 5:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Just read my copy of the shareholders circular which arrived in the post yesterday.
Precisely expressed a newly incorporated shell company with £2 share capiital 1878 Partners Ltd will contract to by JF shares for £975000 and will
Guarantee that JF,s £1.5m loans will be repaid over three years.
Crucial point is that is 1878 and not JS and AP who guarantee to repay JF loans .
So JS and AP are committed to put up initial £975k share purchase funds which they will no doubt do by injecting that into 1878 by way of a loan but there is no stated commitment that they will put funds into 1878 to repay JF loans.
It would would appear to me that if things don’t go well that based on the information in the circular JS and AP have no obligation to put 1878 in funds to repay JF loans and could walk away if they don’t fancy putting up further funds. JF could sue 1878 for repayment of loans but if its only asset is the 41% shareholding then all he would get is the 41% shareholding back
So at that point JF loan is unpaid he is the major creditor or whatever phrase he calls it and is back in effective control.
It would have provided me with a lot more confidence if JS and AP had guaranteed to repay JF loans (if 1878 where unable) and then their commitment would have been clear.
Let’s hope the Dembele transfer proceeds make this academic .
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
April 11, 2021, 5:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Yes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
Fillipe Noche
April 11, 2021, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from HerveJosse
Just read my copy of the shareholders circular which arrived in the post yesterday.
Precisely expressed a newly incorporated shell company with £2 share capiital 1878 Partners Ltd will contract to by JF shares for £975000 and will
Guarantee that JF,s £1.5m loans will be repaid over three years.
Crucial point is that is 1878 and not JS and AP who guarantee to repay JF loans .
So JS and AP are committed to put up initial £975k share purchase funds which they will no doubt do by injecting that into 1878 by way of a loan but there is no stated commitment that they will put funds into 1878 to repay JF loans.
It would would appear to me that if things don’t go well that based on the information in the circular JS and AP have no obligation to put 1878 in funds to repay JF loans and could walk away if they don’t fancy putting up further funds. JF could sue 1878 for repayment of loans but if its only asset is the 41% shareholding then all he would get is the 41% shareholding back
So at that point JF loan is unpaid he is the major creditor or whatever phrase he calls it and is back in effective control.
It would have provided me with a lot more confidence if JS and AP had guaranteed to repay JF loans (if 1878 where unable) and then their commitment would have been clear.
Let’s hope the Dembele transfer proceeds make this academic .

1. There will not be any Dembele money

2. Would you sooner the club had interest payable loans from a financial institute, rather than zero interest loans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Yoda
April 11, 2021, 5:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
JF will still have his sticky fingers in the club.
I still cannot believe he’s getting all his 2.5 million back for a conference team you have to question JS and AP judgement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Fillipe Noche
April 11, 2021, 5:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Yoda
JF will still have his sticky fingers in the club.
I still cannot believe he’s getting all his 2.5 million back for a conference team you have to question JS and AP judgement.

Here we go. Questioning the new Messiahs already
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
HerveJosse
April 11, 2021, 5:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Fillipe .
In answer to your question yes I would if the provider of the zero interest loans is JF.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
kafunanapar140909
April 11, 2021, 6:06pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Oh come on Fillipe, anyone who has been on here more than five minutes knows Yoda just stirs things up for the sake of it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
Yoda
April 11, 2021, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
So the club has to pay Fenty back half a million a season before we start.
Our budget is crap as it is.
With less fans in the stadium how can we do that our last full season we generated less than 1 million in hate receipts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
April 11, 2021, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Don't get too excited. The new men have about 15 years worth of credit in the bank, one scratched car to moan about, innumerable incomprehensive statements to make, one childs flag to snap, several ludicrous appearances on fans forums impersonating John Shuttleworth to attend and some dodgy business dealings to broker, and the word"BENIGN" to shout endlessly before we start moaning.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
jamesgtfc
April 11, 2021, 8:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190

Don't get too excited. The new men have about 15 years worth of credit in the bank, one scratched car to moan about, innumerable incomprehensive statements to make, one childs flag to snap, several ludicrous appearances on fans forums impersonating John Shuttleworth to attend and some dodgy business dealings to broker, and the word"BENIGN" to shout endlessly before we start moaning.

I had to chuckle when Stockwood used the word custodian the other day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will the deal really rid us of JF

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.